Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Where can I go to receive Brochos for my children

126=Chai x7

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:03 am
Recently the power of a brocha is so important to me. I spent most of my mothering years thinking whatever I put in I will get out. Let me tell you, after 25 years of parenting and trying my sincere best this is not true. Hashem decides. So, after experiencing years of life outcomes which I had no control over, I realize the power of a brocha. Now, I am wondering who gives emesdik brochos? Which kevarim bring sources of blessings to our children and families? Our family is taking a trip to Israel so I would love to hear some ideas from here in the US and Israel. Any ideas? Places to go? etc...?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:05 am
Sort OT, but do you give your kids brachos yourself? I've heard that giving your kids brachos is very powerful. Bentch them with a good day, with success, with everything you wish for them. Tell it to them on their way out in the morning, and/or before bed. And of course after you light Shabbos candles, and your DH before Kiddush Friday night....

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:16 am
I'd just like to gently inform you that receiving brachos, even from the greatest people, isn't some magical shortcut to get the outcomes you want. Ultimately, we must always know that Hashem is in control, and that He does what's best for us even if we don't see it that way. So even if we put in tons of effort, or get tons of brachos, to achieve a goal, the results aren't in our control.

Our job is to be content with the work and effort we put in and trust that Hashem does what's best for us.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:18 am
Go to the ohel

126=Chai x7

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:35 am
Response to Chayalle - While I do give my kids brochos throughout the day, week, YT, etc... Its chizuk to hear how important it is. Certainly, I can strengthen those moments especially by Shabbos. Thanks!

126=Chai x7

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:22 pm
Response to amother - Yeah, thats what I have been doing all these years. Trust in Hashem and do my part, etc... So when my child passes I just say oh, that is what Hashem wants, When another struggles with anxiety I am like, sorry child that is what Hashem wants. When do we look at Hashem and ask for more? When do we try to find a tzaddik to give a brocha setting another channel of oppurtinuty for my family and children? Where is the hope, the yeshua? Shouldn'
t we all demand more from Hashem until the world is made whole with the Bais HaMikdash?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:33 pm
126=Chai x7 wrote:
Response to amother - Yeah, thats what I have been doing all these years. Trust in Hashem and do my part, etc... So when my child passes I just say oh, that is what Hashem wants, When another struggles with anxiety I am like, sorry child that is what Hashem wants. When do we look at Hashem and ask for more? When do we try to find a tzaddik to give a brocha setting another channel of oppurtinuty for my family and children? Where is the hope, the yeshua? Shouldn'
t we all demand more from Hashem until the world is made whole with the Bais HaMikdash?

My point wasn't that brachos aren't worthwhile. My point was that we should understand that no matter how many channels of opportunity we pursue, ultimately everything is in Hashem's hands, and therefore, when anything happens that is not directly in our control, we should learn how to say Gam Zu L'tova, and accept it.

Regarding your examples: If a child G-d forbid passes away, of course we should do everything we can while they're still alive to keep them alive, but if they die, yes, we should say that was what Hashem wants. Regarding struggling with anxiety, we should of course seek out help to be able to cope better, and do whatever we can to live an anxiety-free life. But ultimately, whatever is not within our control, we should be able to say that yes, that is what Hashem wants, even if we do not understand it.

Demanding things from Hashem isn't a healthy way to live life. We should demand more from ourselves, and whatever we can't control, accept that Hashem will take care of.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Sort OT, but do you give your kids brachos yourself? I've heard that giving your kids brachos is very powerful. Bentch them with a good day, with success, with everything you wish for them. Tell it to them on their way out in the morning, and/or before bed. And of course after you light Shabbos candles, and your DH before Kiddush Friday night....

This is so nice!!
I never thought of this and I will definitely start doing it.
Thanks for sharing!

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:47 pm
Daven. Just Daven. Daven. Daven.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 3:27 pm
126=Chai x7 wrote:

You are right.
If you can, go to the Rebbe's Ohel.
If you can't you can ask for a bracha online.

126=Chai x7

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 11:42 am
"My point wasn't that brachos aren't worthwhile. My point was that we should understand that no matter how many channels of opportunity we pursue, ultimately everything is in Hashem's hands, and therefore, when anything happens that is not directly in our control, we should learn how to say Gam Zu L'tova, and accept it."

I wanted places to go for brochos not to argue the worthwhile of a search for brochos. Still, in response to your words I think you want to share the importance of acceptance. Surrendering our will to acceptance is very different than submissively giving up. Hashem asks us to love him in the Shema and in P. Nitzavim, with all our heart and soul, Lemaan Chayecha. In pursuit of life means never giving up on Hashem, ourselves and children. This is the process of making a healthy relationship. Hashem wants us to find ways to improve our relationship. Going to a tzaddik and kever of tzadik gives us a place to find holiness and channel it.
Nachum Ish Gam Zu didn't take pleasure in the pain, rather he looked for the hidden lessons and blessings find in pain. Wishing you & all mothers a year of never giving up their search for meaning and brochos.

crbc

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 1:29 pm
https://kevarim.com/rebbe-chai.....witz/ in monsey

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:49 am
When my husband joined the IDF, he was told by his Rebbe to get a bracha from a holocaust survivor. Maybe that is something to pursue.
Har Hazeisim would be a powerful place to daven. There are many tzaddikim there.
Maaras Hamachpela and Kever Rochel are meaningful places to daven. If you go to Chevron you can also go to the kever of Yishai and Rus.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 7:47 pm
I would love to take my boys to rabbi gamliel rabinovitch.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:19 pm
When we were struggling with one of our children we got a lot of chizzuk from Rav Gamliel Rabinowitz and an eitza tovah as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics