Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What Business/Service is Brooklyn lacking?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:47 am
PeanutMama wrote:
A public swimming pool that’s open that has men and women’s hours and is local

Or maybe there can be two separate facilities with each building having a pool, sauna, gym, whirlpool, activities room, kitchens for baking and cooking classes, lounges etc. One facility would be for men open 24/6 and the other facility would be for women open 24/6. This way we wont be limited to only womens hours and can use the facility all the time and the men wont be limited by womens hours either. The womens facility can also offer mani/pedis, facials, haircuts, etc. And both places can offer all kinds of classes like zumba, swimming, self defense, personal training, dance, basketball, painting, cooking, baking, sewing, etc. You can even put a bowling alley in each facility. And have teachers available if a group of friends want to do something exclusively. And have a party room for events and parties. And have a childrens section as well as brooklyn can use more indoors activity places like Kids N Action. The possibilities are endless. This is something that brooklyn is missing, separate facilities for men and women to enjoy without limitation. I do think something like this could make lots of money since people would want to use it all the time. Not sure why no one did this already.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:42 am
Indoor playgrounds that don't cost $50 for 2 hours!

relaxation

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:52 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
1. A bagel/coffee shop on Kings Highway/teens. This would be number one. There simply aren't any. Closest are Ave M. This could be amazing and potentially very successful if done right.

2. A great fully stocked, full service lingerie shop

3. The lounge idea above sounds great but I cant think of where that could be within the typical frum environs. Otherwise you lose the convenience and chill out factor if you have to travel for it.

4. Affordable (?!) specialty shops such as GF etc…

I have so many more ideas (but no money to implement, sigh..)

Best of luck. Looking forward to that bagel!
FYI there is a bagel store on e 16 bet p and kings hwy. Called perizia Bagels (and next to it is perizia pizza)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:56 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I've had this dream for a while already.
Brooklyn doesn't have any lounge/chill place to just go out with friends and shmooze unless it's food.
I'd love a drink lounge with comfy couches, some snacks board games and a over 18 age allowance so it's not filled with HS girls studying like all the other places that get overtaken.
Basically a hotel lobby that you pay for.
I think it's an amazing concept and it would really go over well here.

I have been dreaming about this also for awhile
And I would incorporate a boutique.
A place where women could come to get away from the stress and relax and enjoy.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:31 pm
A GOOD women's gym! With all kinds of class options, including Zumba, yoga, like a Harbor Fitness for women, with a swimming pool.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:32 pm
Also, a kosher McDonald's. They have in Argentina and in Israel, how come none in NY??

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:41 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Nursing stations on the avenues😃

Cute idea but people can go nurse in their cars if they have one.

You're cutting out most of the population, those that aren't nursing, men etc etc.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:44 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Cute idea but people can go nurse in their cars if they have one.

You're cutting out most of the population, those that aren't nursing, men etc etc.

We need a place in Brooklyn to sit down, use the bathroom and just lay down for a bit.
There are so many people that come into Brooklyn to shop, but there is no place for them to catch their breath.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:50 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
We need a place in Brooklyn to sit down, use the bathroom and just lay down for a bit.
There are so many people that come into Brooklyn to shop, but there is no place for them to catch their breath.

True
I think there should be benches along every busy street Smile
I'm not from the US but we need that here too.
Although my kids will often sit at a bus stop for a minute on the way to family on shabbos and Yom Tov.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:02 pm
relaxation wrote:
FYI there is a bagel store on e 16 bet p and kings hwy. Called perizia Bagels (and next to it is perizia pizza)

I think it closed down.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:02 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
This is something that brooklyn is missing, separate facilities for men and women to enjoy without limitation. I do think something like this could make lots of money since people would want to use it all the time. Not sure why no one did this already.

My husband and I actually tried about 15 years ago, we had an investor and proper business plan, what we were lacking was a location.
It needs to be very large with high ceilings which left our only options to turn over a warehouse for this.
Prblm was 1:it was either not big enough or not close enough to frum areas and
2: the business regulations in warehouses wd not allow for this type of business which wd require aton of pull and time to change it and receive proper permits. It's still on our list and we always talk about how necessary this type of center is.
Especially when schools are off think midwinter and also ,motzai shabbosim/sundays etc.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 4:46 pm
relaxation wrote:

They tried but for whatever reason did not make it. They closed soon after they opened. A few months back already.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:19 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Indian food!

There’s a reason there aren’t any
There was one years ago in Flatbush and it was always empty

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:21 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
1. A bagel/coffee shop on Kings Highway/teens. This would be number one. There simply aren't any. Closest are Ave M. This could be amazing and potentially very successful if done right.

2. A great fully stocked, full service lingerie shop

3. The lounge idea above sounds great but I cant think of where that could be within the typical frum environs. Otherwise you lose the convenience and chill out factor if you have to travel for it.

4. Affordable (?!) specialty shops such as GF etc…

I have so many more ideas (but no money to implement, sigh..)

Best of luck. Looking forward to that bagel!

There was always a bagel store on KH near East 12. Is it gone?
Sunflower cafe is still there too, no?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:23 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Also, a kosher McDonald's. They have in Argentina and in Israel, how come none in NY??

There aren’t enough Kosher fast food burger joints?

Goldie613

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:32 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

Apparently this actually exists in Manhattan -

https://napyork.com/

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:56 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
There was always a bagel store on KH near East 12. Is it gone?
Sunflower cafe is still there too, no?

Sunflower is still around. There's a grab n go style sandwich place by Kings Hwy/ East 12th (Wrap n Roll) but I don't think that's what you're referring to by the bagel store..

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:42 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Apparently this actually exists in Manhattan -

https://napyork.com/

Wow! This is so cool!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:12 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I think Brooklyn really needs another lingerie/bra store that does good fittings. There so few of them and the wait can be hours long.

I wish myself lingerie would open another location.

As a plus sized woman I had a terrible experience with myself. I ended up buying one bra because I felt so bad for the woman who tried fitting me. She really tried hard one after the other. I bought the one she said looks amazing but I didn't need be an Albert Einstein to know it's bad.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:16 pm
Bathrooms! I'm in my 8th month and don't live near the avenue. I can't tell you how many stores I've gone to, spent lots of money there but when asked to use the bathroom I get "it's broken". I'm not a kid who will make it dirty. I'm highly pregnant. It's can literally be TORTURE to have to wait till I get home to use the bathroom. I use the bathroom before I leave the last millisecond.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries