Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What Business/Service is Brooklyn lacking?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:18 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Indoor playgrounds that don't cost $50 for 2 hours!

I thought of this and crunched the numbers. Not profitable!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:30 pm
honestly it's not worth opening a brick and mortar store. You have to pay rent, insurance, and lot's of other bills that come along with owning a business. You are better off opening up an online business of some sort like an Amazon Seller.

I like the lounge idea, I was thinking of opening something like that but more like an organization where ladies and teens can go and just chill. with a gym, disco, dance music, basketball hoops, pool tables etc. I would also have a social worker on hand to assist with anyone that just needs someone to talk to. Maybe also with some computers so people can do college reports or scroll through emails.

I would have special evenings like a challah bake, zumba night, square dance night or some other themed type night.

It would be nice if we could have a swimming pool as well.

The place would have to have several floors to accommodate all of this.

If I had the time and the $ I would definitely do this. Maybe when I retire I can work on it or when all my kids are out of the house.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:29 pm
[quote="amother Mustard"]There aren’t enough Kosher fast food burger joints?[/quote
You can't compare! Plus NY has a huge community, it would be a very profitable business!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:37 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
honestly it's not worth opening a brick and mortar store. You have to pay rent, insurance, and lot's of other bills that come along with owning a business. You are better off opening up an online business of some sort like an Amazon Seller.

I like the lounge idea, I was thinking of opening something like that but more like an organization where ladies and teens can go and just chill. with a gym, disco, dance music, basketball hoops, pool tables etc. I would also have a social worker on hand to assist with anyone that just needs someone to talk to. Maybe also with some computers so people can do college reports or scroll through emails.

I would have special evenings like a challah bake, zumba night, square dance night or some other themed type night.

It would be nice if we could have a swimming pool as well.

The place would have to have several floors to accommodate all of this.

If I had the time and the $ I would definitely do this. Maybe when I retire I can work on it or when all my kids are out of the house.

Seems like there is a lounge for teenage girls in Crown Heights (without a pool) but dont know much about it or if they are still operating. They also seem to have a program for girls/women in their 20's and 30's but not sure if you have to be single to attend. Check it out- https://www.aliyagirls.com/our-programs

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:43 pm
Kosher food truck with good food that’s served fast
Soups, sandwiches, etc.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:47 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
There was always a bagel store on KH near East 12. Is it gone?
Sunflower cafe is still there too, no?

Never been a kosher bagel store on KH/12. There are non kosher ones.

Sunflower is there but it a cafe, not a bagel shop

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:49 pm
Children's shoe store in Flatbush !!!!!
All the good stores are in boro park.
Right now there's only footsteps on kings hwy and low easts and hal which is super expensive.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:49 pm
Self defense classes!! For men, women, and children separately

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:42 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
True
I think there should be benches along every busy street Smile
I'm not from the US but we need that here too.
Although my kids will often sit at a bus stop for a minute on the way to family on shabbos and Yom Tov.

13th ave in BP has benches. Ocean Pkwy has benches.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 1:36 am
Goldie613 wrote:
Apparently this actually exists in Manhattan -

https://napyork.com/

Super cool!!

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 3:29 pm
People are CONSTANTLY asking for someone who can load up their kids mp3 with music. I live in flatbush. Our kids cannot bring any devices to camp. Only MP3 players but none of us know how to put music on them. I think in boro park mostly music does this but flatbush needs this kind of service!!!!!

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 3:33 pm
Another thing is, someone who can go around and pick up garbage from peoples properties. Many houses have garbage all over the floor and sidewalk and street etc )and even get tickets!)
There is a Spanish guy people pay to come clean up occasionally but would be nice to have subscription to it and he comes automatically.

Also in lakewood and five towns there’s this service that comes and cleans your outdoor garbage cans for you. I’d love that here in bklyn.

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 3:34 pm
How bout a guy who comes to pick up all your packages. FedEx usps UPS ETC.
mostly everyone I know spends their life going to drop off their package returns. I’d love if someone could come get mine once a week

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 3:36 pm
CarPool drivers

Healthy kids lunches

School supplies packages

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 4:01 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
How bout a guy who comes to pick up all your packages. FedEx usps UPS ETC.
mostly everyone I know spends their life going to drop off their package returns. I’d love if someone could come get mine once a week

you can have the post office pick up directly from you if your in the USA just go to USPS.com and schedule a pickup.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 4:12 pm
Replacement for sneaker corner! I hate having to order a bunch of pairs of sneakers and then having to go return all of them. So much easier to go in, have your kids try on the sneakers, and be done!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 4:27 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Ladies gym
Anything redone and refreshed business that has.good.customer service will do well

Just saw one advertised opening on I think 18th ave and in the 60’s
Don’t remember where I saw the ad
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries