Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Toddler and YK with "appropriate" activities

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:13 pm
I read that article by @mushkamothers and it really resonated since this is my "season." But YK is just going to feel like another day.

Its going to be a loooong day.
1) Can my toddler play with duplo legos on YK?
2) what about stickers?

I usually take my son to the park on shabbos. Ill feel so weird pushing him on swing and playing with him on the slide and that its not such an "appropriate" activity.

Is there anything I should not be doing with my baby on YK?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:14 pm
Yes they can play with all the toys they normally play on shabbos

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:14 pm
Can you link the article?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:18 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Yes they can play with all the toys they normally play on shabbos

I just ordered the duplo legos I dont know if theyre allowed on shabbos since its building and not sure about stickers either

amother
Brass

There's nothing you shouldn't be doing. For him it's a regular yom tov and he can do all the things he likes doing on shabbos/yt

amother
OP

amother Banana wrote:

she made a thread with the article its on the homepage

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just ordered the duplo legos I dont know if theyre allowed on shabbos since its building and not sure about stickers either

Duplo is fine on shabbos it’s not permanent. And reusable stickers are for sure ok.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:22 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Duplo is fine on shabbos it’s not permanent. And reusable stickers are for sure ok.

theyre not reusable
ill call rav I didnt think to ask

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:23 pm
amother Brass wrote:
There's nothing you shouldn't be doing. For him it's a regular yom tov and he can do all the things he likes doing on shabbos/yt

including me going on a walk with him and taking him to the swings?

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
including me going on a walk with him and taking him to the swings?

Ya for sure

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:57 pm
It's a fun day for the kids! When I was a kid, the grown ups would get us massive amounts of treats and food and drinks and candies. We would play and have fun. They would come and check on us and hang out and enjoy us.

It's a serious day. But its also a good day. I don't think there's anything that's off limits in terms of caring for, loving, cuddling, smiling and enjoying our children.

Enjoy the children and pray that this time next year every Jewish woman waiting for this spends next year with a baby in her arms. Trying to navigate motherhood and her new avodat Hashem.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:05 pm
amother Banana wrote:

this is the thread
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85985

and OP it's yom tov! They should have fun and enjoy it! And you should do whatever makes the day easiest so if the park works for you then definitely go to the park and use the swings.

as someone just wrote on a different thread, it's not tisha b'av. It has all the same halachos as shabbos. And you just must fast. So prioritize being able to physically fast and other than that, it's ok for kids to have fun

aussie2

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:24 pm
Definitely park and legos etc are ok
However, stickers that are not reusable are muktzah on shabbos & of course yom kippur
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur