Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gave someone my phone to look at a picture

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:30 pm
Next thing I know they are looking at all my pictures. Not that they saw anything that I cared about, but just want to know how others feel about this. I notice a certain percentage of people do this.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:36 pm
I don't give my phone to others to look at a picture. I hold it for them to see. Scrolling is like a natural instinct to some people.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:37 pm
amother Birch wrote:
I don't give my phone to others to look at a picture. I hold it for them to see. Scrolling is like a natural instinct to some people.

I try that too sometimes, but sometimes people ask for it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:54 pm
I’ve seen this in certain contexts- you tell someone about a wedding, they ask to see pictures so you show them one or two. They take that as an invitation to look through all the wedding pictures.

I haven’t seen this when you show just one random picture (not of an event or anything they want to see more pictures of that thing).

imaima

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Next thing I know they are looking at all my pictures. Not that they saw anything that I cared about, but just want to know how others feel about this. I notice a certain percentage of people do this.

Absolutely not okay.
I would say something

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 12:07 am
You can put it on child lock if you have an iphone. (guided access)
Or take a screen shot of the photo and hand it to them like that so it's not simple to just scroll.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:01 am
I hold the phone. If the person wants I can zoom up for details. If they want to hold it after that. I say. "I'll give it to you for a couple of seconds I'm very possessive about my phone, and please DO NOT scroll through my pictures. "

Some real pushy people will "accidentally " press buttons. So I GRAB it say "thats it those seconds are up."

If you just want to show off some pictures. They have a picture frame app on slideshow mode. I make such albums when I make a Simcha to share with friends.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:29 am
It's rude and intrusive and nosy.

But I've seen it often enough that I would anticipate that it might happen and hold the phone myself.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 6:53 am
So. Rude.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 7:30 am
Just forward the picture to the person if you are that worried about it. It's not that big a deal.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 7:34 am
amother Silver wrote:
I hold the phone. If the person wants I can zoom up for details. If they want to hold it after that. I say. "I'll give it to you for a couple of seconds I'm very possessive about my phone, and please DO NOT scroll through my pictures. "

Some real pushy people will "accidentally " press buttons. So I GRAB it say "thats it those seconds are up."

If you just want to show off some pictures. They have a picture frame app on slideshow mode. I make such albums when I make a Simcha to share with friends.

Accidentally press buttons? Speechless
Some people have completely lost their sense of privacy. Looking at one picture doesn't entitle someone to go through all of them!

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 7:37 am
This is what WhatsApp etc is for. You can share videos and pics etc.
Personally I'd rather have someone send me a photo to look at on my own phone then handle someone else's possibly germy one lol. At least I know I wipe my own phone down regularly and don't take it into the bathroom Very Happy

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 7:42 am
Someone once showed me a picture on her phone and WhatsApp notification came in with a message that I shouldn't have seen... Can't Believe It

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 7:54 am
I’ve seen and experienced it.

And simply cant understand it.

No, just no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette