Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
S/o major fasting anxiety while nursing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:09 pm
Will be nursing a 5 month old, and have a toddler at home that lines to be constantly entertained and stimulated and loves to talk.
I don't fast well in general, and so so anxious about yom kippur!!
Started drinking more since yesterday, bought the kalei tzom pills but now I'm too scared to take those after the posts on here.
And my baby nurses very very often!
Ahhh what will I do! It was so hard when I fasted while nursing the oldest.

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 12:06 am
can you do shiurim? this is what I was advised to do when nursing a baby and anxious. do you have any childcare help? I feel for you

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 1:35 am
What posts about the pills made you scared?

a2z

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:54 am
Did you get the nursing kali tzom?
I haven't seen the posts about this but I'm guessing maybe they took the regular one

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:56 am
Wait what’s wrong with the those pills? The ones that say mothers milk on front?

a2z

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:56 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85624
Look at the good posts, don't freak out, look for other opinions 🥰 hatzlacha
Tzom Kal everyone

Last edited by a2z on Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:57 am
a2z wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=485624

That thread doesn’t list any problems with the pills?

a2z

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 3:00 am
amother Petunia wrote:
That thread doesn’t list any problems with the pills?

No

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 11:24 am
Asked our rav about shiurim, he said it's really only for life threatening situations. He kept saying I should find someone to help me. I didn't think to mention that I'm super super anxious about it.
He said if I feel like I'll pass out I should do shiurim but he was so reluctant about it. And how do I know if I'm about to pass out?!
I always feel weak and sometimes lightheaded while fasting but never passed out
And now I'll be nursing a huge baby who eats a ton. While taking care of a 3.5 yo who does not stop talking to me and will not play by herself. And doesn't nap anymore
And he said my husband shouldn't stay home from shul! I told my husband I'll need him to check on me every hour. Although hardest time will be neila when Ill be getting to get the kids to bed. And they're the hardest. And I anyway feel way too guilty asking him to stay home then.
And bH finally found a young girl in the neighborhood to come for a few hours in the morning who I hope will be of help.
I got the blue kali tzom pills, thanks for the reassurance, I'm gonna take and hope it ends up OK.

I just feel like crying all day today, I'm just so so nervous.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 12:20 pm
Hugs it’s really hard with no help. Nap in the morning when you have help. Sometimes I let my kids nap and do a late bedtime after I fast out because when fasting I can’t deal with it.

It’s really hard to pass out even if you feel lightheaded it’s a normal feeling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur