Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Anyone else nervous for the fast tomorrow?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 3:32 pm
Just to let you all know that I b''h had a really good fast.

I drank alot of coconut water and took Tzom Kal beforehand and they definitely made a huge difference.

Hope you all had an easy fast.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 4:56 pm
I had to take some shiurim especially drinks to keep me going but I did well and I stayed in bed. I don't like being pregnant and I don't like fasting so all together.. meh... And where I live there is no tzom kal or something I will buy a bunch when I'm in the UK I guess. Anyhoo I finished the whole sefer tehilim.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 4:59 pm
amother OP wrote:

I drank alot of coconut water and took Tzom Kal beforehand and they definitely made a huge difference.

Bh . Good to hear.

I didnt fast too well.
Was in bed most of the day, or flat on the couch.

Which coconut water do you get, that has a decent taste?
I bought some for the first time, per my sisters recommendation but we both couldnt stomach it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 5:53 pm
I bought tesco sweetened coconut drink I also didn't like the taste so had a cup of it and then a cup of orange juice to drown the taste Very Happy

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I bought tesco sweetened coconut drink I also didn't like the taste so had a cup of it and then a cup of orange juice to drown the taste Very Happy

Ugh ours was awful.
I bought a thai one that had an ou on it but I think the other ones taste the same.

The sweetened one I saw didnt have an ou.

There was also inocent and vita coco that were approved.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 6:50 pm
I gave birth 8 days ago and was very nervous to fast, asked the rav and he said to eat and drink shiurim from the beginning.
Bh with the shiurim I felt fine but I think I would’ve been extremely weak without it and I definitely would not have been able to breastfeed.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 7:07 pm
I can't sleep, cuz I slept most of the day in order to serve hashem and tomorrow I have an appointment for an ultrasound..... in the morning ugh it's 1:00 at night and I need to be there at 10:30... I hope I can manage to sleep a bit.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:54 pm
amother OP wrote:

I didn’t sleep well last night (no surprise there) but I slept a little this morning. I drank a bunch of shiurim starting at about 7:30. As long as I was up I tried to make sure to eat and drink, because I didn’t WANT to get to the point where I NEEDED something. BH I even managed to daven the entire shacharis!! (I’m bed, but still) I went downstairs about 1:30 and gave my 10 and 6 year old their seuda. They played (mostly) nicely, but then my husband came home about 3 something to get the 10 year old, and then I had to keep 6 year old (who was now all by herself) occupied. BH by that point I was really feeling ok, and the rest of the day went pretty smoothly.
I broke my fast on pasta and cheese. My husband is now preparing a seuda (grilling steaks, washing, a bottle of wine, etc) for himself, our two older kids, and a bunch of guys….kol hakavod to them!!!

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:02 pm
It was really tough for me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur