Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Do ladies have a minhag not to wear makeup on Yom Kippur?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:48 am
amother Amber wrote:
I'm assuming you have a fairly good skin type and color. Some people have ghost like white skin, some have bad complexions and dont feel comfortable walking around like that. It takes maturity and a strong character to brave the world when you always cover up. That doesnt mean anyone sold them a bill of goods. They're doing what works for them.

No, I'm a paleface, to the extent that people often ask me if I feel ok, and when I took someone to the emergency room they asked me which one of us was the patient. I had acne well into my 40s, and my face was a perpetual oil slick until one day the oil vanished and the skin started flaking. I also noticed one day that my formerly long but not especially thick lashes had vanished and were replaced with a skimpy, faded and short fringe that disappears when my eyes are open. And my lips have zero color, I mean zero, so even I cringe when I look in the mirror. I put on lipstick before lighting, but on a shabbos it's gone by the end of the meal and on YK it's almost gone by the time I'm back from shul. I don't use the long-wearing stuff, which feels like Spackle on my lips. I guess I must be exceptionally mature and brave, per your definition.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur