Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Breaking fast is such a letdown
Previous  1  2

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:31 am
I find it amusing that at the same time as many people are saying they get sick if they eat much of anything after a fast, we have people here swearing by intermittent fasting as a way of losing weight. Maybe it's not the fasting part that does it but the minimal eating after the fast...

mizle10

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:35 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
I find it amusing that at the same time as many people are saying they get sick if they eat much of anything after a fast, we have people here swearing by intermittent fasting as a way of losing weight. Maybe it's not the fasting part that does it but the minimal eating after the fast...

Intermittent fasting is not 26 hours of zero intake, not even water. Completely different.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:58 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
We eat a regular seuda like 2 hours after the fast.
I thought everyone does.
Nope, definitely not everyone eats 2 hours later. I actually never heard of that Smile

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 10:05 am
mizle10 wrote:
Intermittent fasting is not 26 hours of zero intake, not even water. Completely different.

This. Intermittent fasting isn’t the same. It also doesn’t work well for everyone. I’m the one who has trouble after a 26 hour fast and intermittent fasting isn’t the best plan for me. That’s why there are so many diet plans out there. Everyone swears by the one they’re successful with.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur