Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do you wear? How are you clean?
Previous  1  2

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Robes are definitely out where I live. The bubbies wear them and that's all. The stores carry maybe one or two styles and that's it.
I actually wear robes because it's so practical but my girls have been making comments so I figured I'd do some research.
During the week I don't wear a robe, and I basically get ally clothes dirty.

Maybe learn how to get out stains? I have little kids and most my stains always come out...

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:42 pm
My trick since I have kids is to wear things with colorful patterns on them. Flowers, dots, geometric, ethnic - anything goes. It makes many stains nearly invisible. They blend into the pattern Wink
Of course that might not fly in other communities, idk.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:58 pm
I feel like I've been replacing my wardrobe every six months between size fluctuations and kids ruining then so I just don't spend a lot anymore. I try to find things in Burlington or Asos...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Robes are definitely out where I live. The bubbies wear them and that's all. The stores carry maybe one or two styles and that's it.
I actually wear robes because it's so practical but my girls have been making comments so I figured I'd do some research.
During the week I don't wear a robe, and I basically get ally clothes dirty.

I love my simondona robe, super comfy!
I wear it every Shabbos that we’re home, wash it after Shabbos & it lasts 2 or 3 years. They make such pretty styles!

During the week I used to wear black and black at home with a colored sweater or top when going out. Recently bought a few pretty comfy dresses in a local store that I wear with black tights (and yes they get dirty from little hands but I wash often.) my favorite is a zipper shirt dress that is so soft and comfy, plan to get more colors iyh.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:51 pm
For shabbos, unless I have to go out, I have a few nice dressy maxi dresses. I look nice, they're very comfortable and don't care about them getting dirty. I think the classic velour robes aren't in fashion, but long skirts are anyway in. I also would wear a nice top with a slinky skirt.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 4:50 pm
I wear Shabbos clothing every week. I get dirty every week. Then I wash my clothing. OP you need to buy washable clothing.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 5:50 pm
I wear regular robes, I also wear pleated or velour maxi skirts with a “robe top” in velour, you can get them in the Jewish stores. In my litvishe community many of the younger women wear robe tops with a long dressy but washable and durable skirt rather than a full robe.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics