Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
When does a February 2020 girl start school?
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:40 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Right now she is in younger 3s. You would want to sign her up for older 3s for next year. There are very few schools that will accept an oldest child with a December birthday —I personally don’t know of any at all but of course I don’t know all schools —so if you do decide to send to 4 year olds keep in mind she will likely be repeating 4 year olds, which can be harder on the kids than going from younger 3 to older 3.

They won’t necessarily allow her to join older 3s. They are all so picky about birthdays and ages.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:49 pm
amother Rose wrote:
They won’t necessarily allow her to join older 3s. They are all so picky about birthdays and ages.
Some morahs are very chilled. But there are also younger 4 groups and most kids in those groups will end up repeating

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:07 pm
Thanks for clarifying.
Sounds like it’s definitely something I’ll need her Morah’s input on; to hear how she’s currently doing as the youngest in the group, and how other kids she’s seen in this situation ended up.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:08 pm
What age group does my daughter turning 2 in February need for next year?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:35 pm
amother Navy wrote:
What age group does my daughter turning 2 in February need for next year?
Older 2s

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:36 pm
Which girls schools have kindergartens?
Bais Tova, Nachlas, any others that I’m missing?
Do girls schools with kindergartens have transportation?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:42 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Older 2s

Thanks

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 12:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Which girls schools have kindergartens?
Bais Tova, Nachlas, any others that I’m missing?
Do girls schools with kindergartens have transportation?

Nachlas and bais tova kindergarten is officially only for siblings only 1 or 2 classes. Not sure about transportation. Bnos bracha, meoros, neemas, tcs, meoros and I think chein bais Yaakov all have kindergarten.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 7:55 am
Wow. Thanks. I don’t feel at all ready to start looking at places to be able to apply next year 🙈

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 8:05 am
amother Amethyst wrote:

Schools really don’t take oldest girls for primary if they’ll be turning 5 in December. They will tell you to wait a year. Unless you have an in with a school in town and they agree to take.

Wow I didn't know this. My DD had a classmate who was an oldest and birthday in December (I know her mother well, she was my classmate Smile ). I wonder if this is a "newer" thing (my DD is in her 20's BAH).

If they won't take a December girl into primary, that means they have essentially moved the dateline, so to speak, back a month.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 8:06 am
Chayalle wrote:
Wow I didn't know this. My DD had a classmate who was an oldest and birthday in December (I know her mother well, she was my classmate Smile ). I wonder if this is a "newer" thing (my DD is in her 20's BAH).

If they won't take a December girl into primary, that means they have essentially moved the dateline, so to speak, back a month.

Many schools have a 5 before December 1 deadline
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries