Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
S/o How much is travelling to Israel family of 7 sukkos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 5:52 pm
For my future - I would love to go - wondering the cost?
Airfare
Travel to and from airport
Activities for Chol Hamoed
Food - yom tov, on the way to airport, on plane, etc.
clothing - can't just wear and wash like at home

I would estimate around 50k if you are not cutting corners- is that correct?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 5:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Airfare

You forgot to include accommodations

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:00 pm
Where in israel? In prime location in jerusalem new building luxury apartment or something more modest?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:02 pm
3, 4 bedroom apartment not luxury in Jerusalem

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:05 pm
At least $35K-$40K. We did the calculations.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:07 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
At least $35K-$40K. We did the calculations.

Yes figured at least that and if you are eating out, taking taxis or car renting, not nickel and diming you'll spend that much.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes figured at least that and if you are eating out, taking taxis or car renting, not nickel and diming you'll spend that much.

Those calculations are without eating out and renting a car. We don't really eat out when we travel.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Airfare

At least

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:27 pm
My parents Iive there and bh have place to host. We went twice in the last few years.

We spent around 10 - 12 k. This was a few years ago.

We flew with a stopover. Purchased tickets around after Pesach..

We went on a daily trips and one overnight trip. Once to the North and once to the south. We traveled by bus, only rented a car when we went on the overnight trips. We ate dinner almost every weeknight. We also did a stock up grocery shopping for my parents, in addition to daily grocery runs as needed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 7:46 pm
amother Iris wrote:
My parents Iive there and bh have place to host. We went twice in the last few years.

We spent around 10 - 12 k. This was a few years ago.

We flew with a stopover. Purchased tickets around after Pesach..

We went on a daily trips and one overnight trip. Once to the North and once to the south. We traveled by bus, only rented a car when we went on the overnight trips. We ate dinner almost every weeknight. We also did a stock up grocery shopping for my parents, in addition to daily grocery runs as needed.

I'm talking about eating out pizza , restaurants for evening meals like tonight and food for plane

Everything adds up when travelling with older kids etc. At home you can just make do with what you have, ex not enough pjs, or white hsirts, can't do that as much when travelling. EVEN QUICK PASTA DINNER, CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT POTS AND PANS

IF LOVE TO HEAR FROM Someone that actually went

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm talking about eating out pizza , restaurants for evening meals like tonight and food for plane

Everything adds up when travelling with older kids etc. At home you can just make do with what you have, ex not enough pjs, or white hsirts, can't do that as much when travelling. EVEN QUICK PASTA DINNER, CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT POTS AND PANS

IF LOVE TO HEAR FROM Someone that actually went

There now - 40k @ a minimum this year based on your specifications. buying seudah adds up very quickly.

mra01385

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 11:29 pm
I can’t believe people are willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an Israel vacation for 2 weeks even if it’s special and beautiful to be there on yomtov. Where do people have so much money to spend on top of their monthly living expenses and tuition payments?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 11:47 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I can’t believe people are willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an Israel vacation for 2 weeks even if it’s special and beautiful to be there on yomtov. Where do people have so much money to spend on top of their monthly living expenses and tuition payments?

Those prices are for the month of tishrei, not 2 weeks. Some people are rich and have the money. (My aunts father flew out to Israel all kids, grandkids, great grandkids for the entire month, all expenses paid. He does so on an almost yearly basis. He's a millionaire.) Some people don't have the money but slowly save up for it. Some people borrow the money, some people max out their credit cards, some people don't have the money and are in debt.

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 12:36 am
Your 50k is a good estimate

flight meals dont cost

Eating out in nice places is a fortunate, but you are out to enjoy! it is what it is. Shmita is an issue for dining out or hotels if u do shmita L Chumra as the yeshivish Oilam does.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 1:11 am
I can only dream, but if people can make this work, kol hakavod! E"Y is the most beautiful place to be this time of year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics