Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Pay someone to watch our pet?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 5:26 am
Need to leave our pet rabbit with a neighbor while we are away for a week.
Is it standard to pay for this?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 5:27 am
Yes

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 5:31 am
I have dogs, I do not pay friends who offer to watch them while we go away. I do buy them a nice gift though, the longer it is the more expensive gift I get

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 7:12 am
I don't know your pet set up situation but we leave our rabbit at home in a large fenced in area indoors so it cannot chew up the house while we are gone. We have someone come in every other day to generously feed it, change its litter box, and make sure it has water. We have done this many times and it works out very well. It's a lot less of a pain to find someone to come for a 5-10 min task than taking a rabbit into their house for a whole week.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 7:48 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I don't know your pet set up situation but we leave our rabbit at home in a large fenced in area indoors so it cannot chew up the house while we are gone. We have someone come in every other day to generously feed it, change its litter box, and make sure it has water. We have done this many times and it works out very well. It's a lot less of a pain to find someone to come for a 5-10 min task than taking a rabbit into their house for a whole week.

I used to do this as a kid for my neighbors cats and rabbits. I was given a few dollars
This was a long time ago, so now I'd probably give a kid 5 to 10 dollars a day.
If it's an adult friend I would offer to pay, of they decline you buy a gift.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 9:34 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:

That makes sense but we're not very close with our neighbors, and I don't know if I'd feel comfortable leaving anyone with a key?

lamplighter

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 10:42 am
Yes you would pay them, if they decline you buy them a gift.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 1:03 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Yes you would pay them, if they decline you buy them a gift.

what's the standard rate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets