Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
American Dream Carnival

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 12:36 am
Did anyone go to the American dream/Dream wheel carnival that is advertised all over today? I’m wondering what exactly it was? Was it indoors or outdoors? Looking for more info than the flyer provided. $60 seems high for the next to nothing they are advertising…but wondering if I’m missing something and it might be a fun indoor activity to entertain the kids tomorrow?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 8:41 am
I was at American dream yesterday but didn’t go to the carnival area because it was so expensive. It’s basically a Ferris wheel, some kiddie entertainment like Torah tots and I saw face painting. Maybe there was more but I only saw from outside. It’s indoors but you have to go to a sectioned off area. I would have done it for $25 but the price they were asking is just too much.
There were plenty of other things to do at American dream.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 10:07 am
Has anyone gone? Searching for something to do today. Weather is no good.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 10:23 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Has anyone gone? Searching for something to do today. Weather is no good.

Go to American dream. There’s miniature golf, a small aquarium, mirror maze… of course there’s also the amusement park and ice skating but that’s more expensive. It’s fun to just walk around the mall. Lots going on. There’s toys r us where a magician is showing some magic tricks… by toys r us there is cholov Yisroel ice cream for $2.99 a cone…. You can rent little riding toys that kids can drive all around…

ImStrong

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 10:34 am
I think the reason it's so expensive is because the ferris wheel itself is expensive it's something like 30.00 a person or more don't remember the exact price but remember it was a lot.

Hooray

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 10:39 am
That’s a pity, they should offer the carnival without the Ferris wheel if that’s the case. Don’t think we need to pay $30 to go on a Ferris wheel.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 10:55 am
It’s actually usually $20 till age 12 and $30 for 12 and up. So you’re paying now for the Ferris wheel plus entertainment. It’s a unique Ferris wheel. Not just a kiddy ride.

Hooray

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 12:03 pm
Sounds kind of like an advertising gimick to get people to come to the Ferris wheel which is too overpriced to be an attraction for families. I’d be willing to pay if there seemed to be more included and things for the kids to actually do….wonder if people actually went and what was there.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 12:21 pm
I'm confused
This is 60$ per person?
If you have 6 kids it's 360$ for them?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 12:44 pm
Bump

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 1:02 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I'm confused
This is 60$ per person?
If you have 6 kids it's 360$ for them?

That’s why we’re not going. It’s crazy expensive and doesn’t include miniature golf or mirror maze or aquarium. It’s for a magic show and balloon guy and Ferris wheel!! Nuts

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 1:15 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
That’s why we’re not going. It’s crazy expensive and doesn’t include miniature golf or mirror maze or aquarium. It’s for a magic show and balloon guy and Ferris wheel!! Nuts

So don’t go to the carnival! Just go to American dream. That’s what I did yesterday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics