Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
UPDATE! please help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 10:48 pm
I worked on toilet training my 3 year old this yom tov.

with steady reminders and not too many distractions she will not have accidents all day. I still feel I have to be very on top of her and am nervous to take her anywhere where I would not want an accident

How long did it take until the child had accidents? Meaning was aware of when to go , asked to go on their own most of the time, and stayed accident-free with occasional reminders?

Update- she has not had accidents. excpet she is having hard time with BM. I dont think its a lack of motivation.

Any advice?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 10:53 pm
Every child is different. However if you start a typical ( no delays or aitism etc) child at 3 I wouldn't expect it to take too long. You may However encounter resistance to have bowel movements, that a whole northern issue. ..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 10:59 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Every child is different. However if you start a typical ( no delays or aitism etc) child at 3 I wouldn't expect it to take too long. You may However encounter resistance to have bowel movements, that a whole northern issue. ..

Yes. Im having that issue also. All advice welcome

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 11:28 pm
What I did with the poop part was say over and over that it’s okay, it’s gonna come out basically just kept reassuring my son. And he did not want to let go. He would scream in terror.
I just kept reassuring him that it’s poop and it’s meant to come out and he will feel better.
Now he has no problem pooping lol
Sorry for the tmi

Over Yom tov with the lack of routine and schedule he was having accidents so we were at square 1 (reminders, and physically showing him the toilet) again. Now it seems to be tapering off..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 8:43 am
anyone else?

Im not the first one to toilet train!

A few weeks ? a few months? I konw every kid is different.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 8:57 am
My DD was not quite 2 yet. It literally took 2 days and BH she never had an accident.
It did take months for her to stop announcing on the top of her lungs “ME HAVE PISHY”
(Especially when we were in a store-the more disgusting the bathroom the better-Amazing Saving was her favorite, followed by ShopRite and ACMoore)

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 9:03 am
I trained my then almost 3 year old after pesach. From day 4, he didn't have accidents bh and he knows when he needs to go.
But with my older kids, it took a good 5-6 weeks till they were fully trained, wet and poop. This is my 1st child that it took so fast bh. I think because I waited till he was almost 3 vs by my older kids I trained earlier.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 9:21 am
3-4 weeks. I trained at 2.5

After a few days they were mostly dry, but it wasn’t fully over till up to a month.

mom!

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 10:02 am
Anywhere from a few days to a few months. Really varied from kid to kid.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 10:07 am
Every kid is different. I would give it 2 months minimum to fully get the hang of it. Most kids are not perfect like some people want you to believe.

mom24.7

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 10:10 am
Need reminders and plenty accidents for few months.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 10:17 am
Child 1 took 3 days at 2yr 3mo, but about another week til he asked to go. Had 2 accidents that week. I did put pull-ups on for him if we were going out shopping for the 1st month because I didn't know if we'll have access to a restroom quick enough if needed.

Child 2 (has HF ASD) we tried over a weekend but it didn't work enough for him to go back to daycare with undies, so we stopped and tried again 2 weeks later. He was 90% trained after the 1st 3 days (fri-sunday), but I kept his pants off for 2 more weeks while at home (had a t-shirt and undies) because a bit low muscle tone & he couldn't pull it down by himself yet. He still needed reminders to go for the 1st few weeks- I asked him every hour or so. After a month he asked to go, but still needed help with his pants. This was at 2y 3.5mo.

3 year olds usually catch on quickly. But every child is different...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 12:58 pm
Thanks for all the replies. anyone else?

s1

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 3:25 pm
Anything between a four days and a year!!!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 3:37 pm
One of my kids was 3 days the next was months. Seriously every kid is different.

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 4:19 pm
After my first with endless accidents, I gave up on training my kids and made it easier by letting them dictate the schedule. I had a potty front and center and asked them all the time if they were ready to switch to undies full time and eventually they said yeah and they were day and night trained at once. One kid had 2 night accidents, one had one night accident, and bh the last one had none. But I wait and wait and wait until they are more than ready lol, like 3.5.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 6:48 am
Sent her off to playgroup today. Lets see how it goes.....

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 7:24 am
amother OP wrote:
anyone else?

Im not the first one to toilet train!

A few weeks ? a few months? I konw every kid is different.

My 2.8 year old had around 3 accidents while potty training and after. Every kid is different. She isn’t night trained at all though because I feel like she doesn’t drink enough at daycare so she drinks lots at the evening…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training