Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
MOPS

self-actualization

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:39 pm
I’m posting under my screen name. I have been dealing with my child wetting for 4 1/2 years, from age 4 until 8 1/2. I went to many many doctors and therapists. Gastroenterologist, 2 urologists, one PT, one OT. Did so many things for him - miralax, ex lax, FloMax, blowing bubbles, squatty potty.

Finally this summer when all my other kids were in camp I took out the book “It’s No Accident” and we read it together out loud on the couch. I had total buy-in from my very frustrated son to start the MOPS protocol. We started 2 weeks ago and he was dry today. He had a friend over, and he wore tan pants without worrying that he would have a visible stain.

I know that people think it could be a hokey theory. But it is the only thing that has worked so far, at all, in the 4 1/2 years of trying.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:48 pm
First of all, my daughter is ten and bed wetting and I haven’t done anything past the pediatrician. I think that’s ok? She does demporessin or whatever it’s called and it works often. Soon I gotta take the next step it’s not supposed to be a solution.
Second what’s the idea in short? What’s the buy in
Third of all good for you. Hope it continues long term and thanks for being so open to help the rest of us. Should be a continued zechus.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:56 pm
Thank you for sharing. I appreciate Dr. Hodge's pioneering work in pointing out what a large amount of issues are caused by chronic constipation and people have no idea. And his work in warning against the constipation danger involved in pushing potty training on little ones.

self-actualization

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:04 pm
Yes, the protocol is basically that there is a dangerous amount of constipation built up that oral laxatives alone can’t solve. The basic protocol is enemas every single day for a month (I do them at night before bed) and then the second month has every other night. Most people find relief at that point. I think I needed to wait for my son to be this age and give him the quality time to read the protocol with him because enemas can be unpleasant. The total buy-in is that once I read the medical science to him he was excited to try this and he never complains about the daily enemas.

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 12:28 am
This makes sense to me because I do think my daughter has constipation issues. WhR are the downsides? What does your pediatrician say?

Happy247

Post Sun, Oct 16 2022, 1:13 am
Anyone else did this successfully?

Happy247

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:24 pm
Bump

Happy247

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 9:26 pm
Did nobody else here try it?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 9:42 pm
how did you know its from constipation?
how's it going now?
Thanks

Happy247

Post Tue, Nov 01 2022, 2:10 pm
What is the difference between the books "its no accident " and "the MOP protocol "?

Happy247

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 10:58 pm
Anyone?

Happy247

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:35 pm
Bump

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:39 pm
those of you that tried this did you discuss with pediatrician or just did from the book?
looking for more people that had success with this for encopresis

Happy247

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:56 pm
Didn't do yet. Also wondering I I should discuss with pediatrician.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:06 pm
also for those that have done this which enemas do you give for a 5 year old?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training