Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Playgroup mother is being ridiculous!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 2:47 pm
Deleted

amother
Chambray

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 2:49 pm
Oh my , thats crazy

Thats so sad.
Hope she has a refua shlaimo soon.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 3:10 pm
OP, I have no idea who you're talking about, but England is a pretty small place and I don't think you should be posting so many identifying details.

He told you something in confidence since he needed your help, but they may very well be trying to keep it under the wraps.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
We have that for schools but not for small privately run playgroups unless they're ofsted registered.

I live in London and yes definitely there are policies in small playgroups. Diarrhea, fever , chicken pox and more, should not come to playgroup. It’s only fair on the other children and parents ! Basic Derek eretz for everyone. It’s very unfair to put children and parents in a vulnerable situation when you can avoid it.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:40 pm
I once had a kid that came to my 2yr old playgroup with HFM disease.
I sent him home. I told the mother it's highly contagious. She told me dr said he can go to playgroup he just shouldn't put toys in his mouth!! LOL

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:15 am
OP, I think youve made a lot of poor decisions here as many have already explained, perhaps againt your better judgement because you need the money.

I would honestly ask mechila from the mother.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:19 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
OP, I think youve made a lot of poor decisions here as many have already explained, perhaps againt your better judgement because you need the money.

I would honestly ask mechila from the mother.

I did already, she's in hospital now. She can't reply to me.

Of course I feel terrible, but I still don't feel responsible for her having her kids home sick. There is a G-d! Hashem...
Obviously I'm very sorry for all that happened. I don't feel like I personally caused her child to catch it.

Neither do I feel responsible for her being in hospital now Sad

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:00 am
I don't think she's rediculous. You are not being responsible. If your child is sick, get a babysitter or have someone cover for you. You have no right exposing the other children. I don't see what you're complaining about. Yiu are so in the wrong here.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:46 am
You can ask for mechillah but I'd be relieved that she pulled her child out. Hopefully she won't change her mind and if she does you'll be strong enough to say no

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 8:00 am
amother OP wrote:
I did already, she's in hospital now. She can't reply to me.

Of course I feel terrible, but I still don't feel responsible for her having her kids home sick. There is a G-d! Hashem...
Obviously I'm very sorry for all that happened. I don't feel like I personally caused her child to catch it.

Neither do I feel responsible for her being in hospital now Sad

As a direct result of your irresponsibility... Sure, Hashem runs the world, but you also have free will. This attitude is so disturbing.

I think you made this thread trying to make yourself feel better, which you don't really deserve until you do take responsibility for your actions and figure out some kind of teshuva going forward.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 8:29 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
As a direct result of your irresponsibility... Sure, Hashem runs the world, but you also have free will. This attitude is so disturbing.

I think you made this thread trying to make yourself feel better, which you don't really deserve until you do take responsibility for your actions and figure out some kind of teshuva going forward.

Is this mom in the hospital as a direct result of the illness she thinks her kid caught from the daycare? (I'm truly asking so please don't get snarky)

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 8:42 am
So you are saying she is in the hospital as a consequence of pulling her kid out and being upset at the HFM outbreak?
Honestly confused about the connection or what the update was....

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 9:19 am
The underlying problem that comes out in all your posts (last issue and this one) is the fact that you have info in advance and don’t inform parents as soon as you know. You decide for them what they will probably want and make decisions for them.

Besides for the fact that you need to start having clear policies so these issues about pay don’t keep coming up, you also need to start being upfront with parents as soon as you know anything that is out of the ordinary. Whether it is someone who is sick, you will have to be leaving town, or anything else. The parents have a right to know even if you think it makes no difference.

Additionally, asking a text shaile is very difficult in these situations because you are obviously saying your side and not always do we portray the other side in the way the other person views it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 9:58 am
CPenzias wrote:
Is this mom in the hospital as a direct result of the illness she thinks her kid caught from the daycare? (I'm truly asking so please don't get snarky)

No, nothing to do with it.
I deleted the update because a poster said that I'm giving too many identifying details away, and she's right.
So that's why it's confusing. Sorry about that

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:
No, nothing to do with it.
I deleted the update because a poster said that I'm giving too many identifying details away, and she's right.
So that's why it's confusing. Sorry about that

But is her being in the hospital a reason Behind why she wouldn’t want her kid to catch a virus?
If yes here’s a clear example of dlkz, and how you never can make decisions for others.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:40 am
doodlesmom wrote:
But is her being in the hospital a reason Behind why she wouldn’t want her kid to catch a virus?
If yes here’s a clear example of dlkz, and how you never can make decisions for others.

No its a psychological/mental case. Nothing physically wrong.

They chose to send to my playgroup, knowing that my baby is home with me. And naturally once you send your child out they're more susceptible to catching viruses. Especially at this young age.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:48 am
CPenzias wrote:
You can ask for mechillah but I'd be relieved that she pulled her child out. Hopefully she won't change her mind and if she does you'll be strong enough to say no

He's coming back tomorrow. The father asked me if I can take him back because his wife is in hospital. It's not going to be a quick fix either. It sounds complicated Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:51 am
amother White wrote:
So you are saying she is in the hospital as a consequence of pulling her kid out and being upset at the HFM outbreak?
Honestly confused about the connection or what the update was....

No connection to each other besides for the fact that I'm sure it was terribly hard to have her kids home sick...
It sounds like she had a nervous breakdown or something like that.
They travelled away for Yom Tov with 3 little kids, after having them all home unwell.
Mr said that there was no connection though and it's been brewing for a while. They obviously didn't realise how serious it was, but now looking back he said there were signs Sad

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:52 am
Truly confused
So now you are trying to make it clear that the mother you have an issue with is mentally I’ll and in a psych hospital?
Wishing everyone in need a Refuah shleimah now!

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:53 am
Why can’t they find another group? It doesn’t sound like you are a good fit for this family.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers