Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bernadaud dishes

pessyb

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:30 am
just got new dishes
wondering if they really r dishwasher safe
pls advise if u hv and the gold stayed on

voiceofreason

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:00 am
pessyb wrote:
just got new dishes
wondering if they really r dishwasher safe
pls advise if u hv and the gold stayed on

I handwash. If I really needed to I would put them in the dishwasher at low temp setting with minimal dishwashing liquid (not the pellets- those have little abrasive bits) and make sure to stop the cycle before it reaches the steam drying phase.

Technically the porcelain will not crack in the dishwasher, but bear in mind that when bernadaud say the dishes can be washed in a dishwasher, they envision a typical secular household where the dishes would only be used a few times a year- x-mas, easter, anniversary parties and special occasions. With just 5 washes a year, the dishes can easily last a generation and the damage to the gold will be minimal. But I doubt they have tested the product against the heavy use of a frum household. I do not think they are intended to be machine washed on a weekly basis.

Also- when handwashing, be super careful to only use a soft sponge. Especially if you give them to your cleaner to wash- the abrasive end of the sponge will scratch the gold.

pessyb

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:03 am
thank you
would like to know if ao actually put their bernadaud dishes in the dishwasher and how it came out?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics