Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 5:48 pm
Love to give advice to anyone Wink

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 5:50 pm
why do I look good IRL and always so pale and washed out in pictures? every day but especially in simcho photos...

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 5:55 pm
amother Maize wrote:
why do I look good IRL and always so pale and washed out in pictures? every day but especially in simcho photos...

Im so sorry about that!!! I tend to use a foundation shade darker than my clients actual color so that they aren't washed out, and bronzer and blush to my client's liking, but I obviously like to add extra for pictures LOL . I also find that blush falls off first, so I like to add extra. You can add extra yoursef before pics if you think the MUA is gonna do to much (which they shouldnt) Next time you can tell your concerns to the MUA and ask to add bronzer and blush all around to give you that glow!

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 5:58 pm
amother Maize wrote:

I’m a photographer. The camera “eats” 50-75% of our makeup.

It’s the same reason that fine lines or small zits often won’t show up in photos. That’s why people are so overdone for weddings, for the photos! (And then they look overdone IRL IMHO, but you’ve gotta tailor your makeup for photos or your wedding guests, can’t for both!)

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 5:58 pm
How do I know what blush looks good with my skin tone?

Im v pale .

Also why at the end of the day does my foundation often look cakey and dotty and as if my skin is dry?
I moisturise every night and use primer.

Thanks for this thread!

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:00 pm
Literally nothing works for my undereye dark circles. Any advice?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:06 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Im v pale .

Also why at the end of the day does my foundation often look cakey and dotty and as if my skin is dry?

Thanks for this thread!

It really depends on how you like your blush. I like more pinky colors and that is what’s most popular so I will use that in my clients most often. You can go into any store any test different shades (cool tones, pink/coral, or more reddish). There is a great anastasia trip blush I love to use I will link below.

As for being pale, blush is not always the answer. Many times bronzer will warm up the face in a natural way without looking intensely contoured or “fake tanned”. I personally love the essence matt bronzing palette. It’s on amazing for about $13. Also, darker bronzer does not mean better, it all comes with testing out what is best for your skin tone. Also you can mix colors and tap your brush into 2 colors!

In regards to your dry skin, hydrate hydrate hydrate!!! Use a thick moisturizer the nigjt before you are wearing makeup and I tend to put 2-3 layers of moisturizer on my clients before I put on makeup. But of course, makeup is not perfect and neither are we and we aren’t always supposed to look like a photoshopped barbie. Makeup wears throughout the day and imperfections will come up throughout the day, or even immediately after applying. You cant blame the makeup artist for bad application and you cant blame yourself for “bad skin”. It happens to all of us!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:08 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
Literally nothing works for my undereye dark circles. Any advice?

hydrate hydrate hydrate!!!! buy a cheap eye cream (I like sephoras brand) and use a hydrating concealer- I love catrice brand- cheap and awesome!!! But a lot of it is genetic and you won’t always get a quick fix with a “good night sleep”

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:10 pm
My question is about hygiene in products and brushes especially when doing people back to back

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:11 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Im v pale .

Thanks for this thread!

https://www.dillards.com/p/ana.....D_BwE

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:15 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
My question is about hygiene in products and brushes especially when doing people back to back

I went to a non jewish makeup school and we spent 3 weeks on hygiene and washing brushes etc. I also took a class with a jewish mua and she couldn’t care enough about it. Most makeup artists will wash their brushes and sanitize them every night after using them. In between clients, there just isn’t enough time to wash and let them dry, so we can all assume we aren’t passing horrible bacteria to each other, esp bc you all live under the same roof and can hope each other are sanitary LOL But yes, we wash and sanitize every night

rofa

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 6:27 pm
Unless I go way orangey-red, every red lip color ends up looking like a deep berry red/pink on me- any ideas why that is?

I have tried Honest Beauty liquid lipstick in Love, Nars lipstick in Gipsy, some others and a whole bunch of drugstore brands.

Hello99

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:16 pm
What basic skincare products would you recommend for a beginner (I’m in my early twenties)

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:18 pm
I have really oily skin. What products do you recommend for keeping makeup on over shabbos?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:21 pm
Any tip on applying eyeliner to upper lid?
I can't manage to make a straight and even line! Sad

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:26 pm
Yes. Very important for me. I'm having a close wedding this week. I'm not having my makeup professionally done. I can bh do quite a good job. I'm just a big Cryer by chuppas. How can I fix my makeup after the chupah making it look perfect again?
Thank you so much for this thread

SDmother

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:35 pm
amother Maize wrote:

Are you wearing SPF in your Moisturizer or foundation? That can cause flashback and make you look terrible.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:42 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I’m a photographer. The camera “eats” 50-75% of our makeup.

It’s the same reason that fine lines or small zits often won’t show up in photos. That’s why people are so overdone for weddings, for the photos! (And then they look overdone IRL IMHO, but you’ve gotta tailor your makeup for photos or your wedding guests, can’t for both!)

Photographer here as well;) Avoid spf in your foundation! It reflects the flash the same way it does with the sun. Even worse with a point n shoot, because the flash is straight on.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:47 pm
I have a foundation that I only wear when I go to Simchas. . Given COVID and the fact that in general I don’t go to Simchas all that often, my foundation is at least 5 years old. It’s still mostly full and it ain’t cheap. Is it a problem that I’m still using it

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:51 pm
What would you put on a 10 yr old girl for a simcha? I want a fresh, clean, "no makeup" look but she doesn't have that naturally. I'm thinking a light blush and lip gloss (recommendations?), eyebrow gel...?

Thanks!!
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics