Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:58 pm
Can you recommend long lasting:
Eyeliner
Foundation
Lipstick

TIA!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:15 pm
Thanks for this thread!
Do you have any long lasting lip stain recommendation in a warm red color? I’m a true autumn, and can never find a good warm red. I love the color of Lime Crime liquid lipstick in Riot, but find that it’s not long lasting.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:18 pm
My foundation is always streaky. Am I using the wrong type or applying it wrong?

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:23 pm
Can you recommend any specific lip gloss or lipstick color that is low key/on the natural side, reasonably on trend, not too expensive, and stays on well? My skin is fair and doesn't seem to be warm OR cool in tone.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:26 pm
Which foundation brands are best for a light olive skin tone?

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:43 pm
My dd who is 17 wants to take a makeup course do you know anyone frum place where she can take one? thank you!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 9:07 pm
I'm looking for a really good foundation.
My skin tone is light, and my face is dry-normal.

m-u-a-mama

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 9:15 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
What would you put on a 10 yr old girl for a simcha? I want a fresh, clean, "no makeup" look but she doesn't have that naturally. I'm thinking a light blush and lip gloss (recommendations?), eyebrow gel...?

Thanks!!

Not OP but I am a professional mua as well... personally for girls that age I'll do a soft pink sparkly blush (as op mentioned above blush tends to be the first to go anyway) a soft either no color just a sparkle lip gloss or sparkly pink- it gets them very excited:) if their eyebrows are bushy I will just brush them straight, and a super thin coat of brown mascara

m-u-a-mama

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 9:16 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
My dd who is 17 wants to take a makeup course do you know anyone frum place where she can take one? thank you!

Where ru located?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:08 pm
rofa wrote:
Unless I go way orangey-red, every red lip color ends up looking like a deep berry red/pink on me- any ideas why that is?

I have tried Honest Beauty liquid lipstick in Love, Nars lipstick in Gipsy, some others and a whole bunch of drugstore brands.

What is the color you are looking for? If you go online you can see lipstick swatches on different color skin tones, which includes different colored lips. Its all about color theory its super confusing Ibarely understand it!! I personally really like the maybelline super stay lipsticks in shade dreamer, it lasts thru shabbos and yontif. But I def reccommend looking at websites with different swatched on differents tones. Also trying out in person at stores- patience is key with this!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:11 pm
Hello99 wrote:
What basic skincare products would you recommend for a beginner (I’m in my early twenties)

More expensive doesn't mean better. What's your skin type? Cerave and Cetaphil are classics that are affordable and really work well. A gentle cleanser at night (only wash your face in the morning if you are very oily) and moisturizer in the night and morning and spf everyday. I also reccommend double cleansing (washing you face twice at night). and ALWAYS. REMOVE. YOUR. MAKEUP. Always start simple and never add on too much at once. More is not always better

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:13 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I have really oily skin. What products do you recommend for keeping makeup on over shabbos?

Getting a good primer is good- ELF's hydro grip primer is awesome. And Always set with powder!!! You can also get a setting spray to try and hold it in place- I find that the morphe continuous setting is awesome. And put powder on top of the setting spray also. But of course some of it is always going to fall off- you can't end shabbos with a perfectly made up face Wink

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:16 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Any tip on applying eyeliner to upper lid?
I can't manage to make a straight and even line! Sad

Start with a non-waterproof eyeliner so you can practice over and over. I find that a liquid liner is easiest because the tip is so fine. I will use the very tip to glide it across my top lid. Keep you eye OPEN!!! DONT CLOSE or else it will smude!!! lightly lower your eye closed and go in small strokes- I start from the middle and go to the end (not to far) and then slowly work my way into the corner of my eye. Even I struggle with even eyeliner though dw!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:17 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Yes. Very important for me. I'm having a close wedding this week. I'm not having my makeup professionally done. I can bh do quite a good job. I'm just a big Cryer by chuppas. How can I fix my makeup after the chupah making it look perfect again?
Thank you so much for this thread

Dry q-tips can be a great makeup saver sometimes. Gently rub the dry q tip wherever the mascara/ eyeliner ran on your face. You can also bring a small concealer/cc cream to cover up wherever the black is dripping. But waterproof eyeliner and mascara are your best friend!!!

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:19 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Getting a good primer is good- ELF's hydro grip primer is awesome. And Always set with powder!!! You can also get a setting spray to try and hold it in place- I find that the morphe continuous setting is awesome. And put powder on top of the setting spray also. But of course some of it is always going to fall off- you can't end shabbos with a perfectly made up face Wink

can u link good powder?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:20 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I have a foundation that I only wear when I go to Simchas. . Given COVID and the fact that in general I don’t go to Simchas all that often, my foundation is at least 5 years old. It’s still mostly full and it ain’t cheap. Is it a problem that I’m still using it

Expired products aren't hazardous, but they definitely aren't going to be doing the right job for you if you want an even coverage over your face. If you want a dupe or just a great foundation, My favorite drugstore foundation is l'oreal infallible foundation- its on amazon or any drugstore for $11. The shade range is super awesome and even if you arne't good with shade matching, you can drag the foundation down your neck so there isnt a color difference. I know you might love your expensive foundation, but more expensive doesn't mean better.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:21 pm
which company foundation do u recommend? (normal skin, light)

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:23 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
What would you put on a 10 yr old girl for a simcha? I want a fresh, clean, "no makeup" look but she doesn't have that naturally. I'm thinking a light blush and lip gloss (recommendations?), eyebrow gel...?

Thanks!!

The l'oreal true match nude is a super light barely noticeable option that photographs great- I use it on all my young clients or natural graduation pictures. Simple eyeshadow (some pink or silver) can complement her dress or her skin tone, and a little pink lip gloss and some clear or even tinted eyebrow gel is a great option. I love to do a super tiny thin black eyeliner line just to make those eyes pop, but if you feel that thats too mature for her I totally undertsand that. But after all, shes only 12 and her bas mitzvah and you dont want to dress her up like shes 20 and on a shidduch date LOL

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:23 pm
It seems like ur ok with many cheap products... do u not see a diff btw cheap and expensive stuff?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:24 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Can you recommend long lasting:
Eyeliner
Foundation
Lipstick

TIA!

Eyeliner- sukiru eyeliner (from sukiru.com) and inglot eyeliner and apply with an eyeliner brush if you can! Maybelline master precise eyeliner is also great

Foundation- L'oreal infalliable foundation is awesome I find it stays pretty well
Lipstick- Maybelline super stay 24 hr- INSANE. literally lasts FOR.EVER. I LOVE!!!!!
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics