Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:25 pm
amother Natural wrote:
Thanks for this thread!
Do you have any long lasting lip stain recommendation in a warm red color? I’m a true autumn, and can never find a good warm red. I love the color of Lime Crime liquid lipstick in Riot, but find that it’s not long lasting.

https://www.amazon.com/Maybell.....ss_tl

some awesome shades here. my absolute fav!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:27 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
My foundation is always streaky. Am I using the wrong type or applying it wrong?

Are you putting a hydrating moisturizer on your skin before? That helps with giving an even finish on the skin. I like to pump the foundation on my hand and then apply with my fingers. I don't love using brushes honestly, finding a technique that isnt streaky is hard! I prefer using a beauty blender and dabbing, DONT RUB it on your face. Honestly when I do makeup on myself I apply with my hands, and everyone agrees to do this. it warms the foundation up and gives the most natural finish and gets in the crevices thata brush or sponge can't get.

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:29 pm
seeker wrote:
Can you recommend any specific lip gloss or lipstick color that is low key/on the natural side, reasonably on trend, not too expensive, and stays on well? My skin is fair and doesn't seem to be warm OR cool in tone.

You should try to hydrate your lips with a chapstick or vaseline before, let it sit for a littile, then wipe it off. Benetint is a super natural lip stain that looks great on ALL skin colors. Elf definitely also has a great dupe for it also Wink Maybelline superstay lipstick is my holy grail but you definiteley need to put on very little for a natural look- and it lasts forever!!!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:30 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Which foundation brands are best for a light olive skin tone?

I love Catrice HD liquid foundation. you can find it on amazon for around $10. L'oreal infalliable foundation also awesome with a GREAT shade range. Also on amazon Wink

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:31 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Eyeliner- sukiru eyeliner (from sukiru.com) and inglot eyeliner and apply with an eyeliner brush if you can! Maybelline master precise eyeliner is also great

Foundation- L'oreal infalliable foundation is awesome I find it stays pretty well
Lipstick- Maybelline super stay 24 hr- INSANE. literally lasts FOR.EVER. I LOVE!!!!!

I see they make a few types of these.
Which one do you recommend?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:33 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
My dd who is 17 wants to take a makeup course do you know anyone frum place where she can take one? thank you!

I know there is a store in lakewood that helps you pick out makeup and teaches you how to apply it- my friend had a great experience there. Im so sorry I forgot the name!! I also give lessons- I am located on long island Wink I can take her to a store and help her purchase makeup and teach her how to apply it. you can message me for more info if youd like Wink

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:33 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I'm looking for a really good foundation.
My skin tone is light, and my face is dry-normal.

My holy grail is L'oreal infallible foundation. Stays perfect and great for all skin types. But don;t forget to moisturizer before applying any makeup!

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:36 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
You should try to hydrate your lips with a chapstick or vaseline before, let it sit for a littile, then wipe it off. Benetint is a super natural lip stain that looks great on ALL skin colors. Elf definitely also has a great dupe for it also Wink Maybelline superstay lipstick is my holy grail but you definiteley need to put on very little for a natural look- and it lasts forever!!!

Hydrating isn't enough for getting dressed up, I often look washed out.
Will look up Benetint.
What is the Elf one called?
What color do you like in Maybelline?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:36 pm
amother Broom wrote:
can u link good powder?

https://www.amazon.com/Maybell.....ss_tl

love this powder and you can find in any drugstore and most flawless when I use this to apply it

https://www.amazon.com/Triangl.....ss_tl

gently pat into skin and then glide off any excess powder

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:40 pm
amother Broom wrote:
It seems like ur ok with many cheap products... do u not see a diff btw cheap and expensive stuff?

Many high end makeup artist will use cheap products, they just put them in smaller packaging so you don't know. I am not going to reccommend a $50 foundation if I know you can get very similar results with a $15 foundation and just apply an extra layer or less. I think its so frustrating to buy an expensive beauty product and not like the shade when you get home or it looks bad when you apply it alone, so I reccommend my favorite drugstore products because I think you have the most access to them and they have similar ingredients to the high end stuff. But of course, if someone is looking to splurge, I can always reccommend some higher end stuff Wink

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:42 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I see they make a few types of these.

For the lipstick? Dreamer, lover, and revolutionary are some gorgeous shades, you can also go on the maybelline website and see how they are swatched on different skin tones tho Wink

Hello99

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:43 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
More expensive doesn't mean better. What's your skin type? Cerave and Cetaphil are classics that are affordable and really work well. A gentle cleanser at night (only wash your face in the morning if you are very oily) and moisturizer in the night and morning and spf everyday. I also reccommend double cleansing (washing you face twice at night). and ALWAYS. REMOVE. YOUR. MAKEUP. Always start simple and never add on too much at once. More is not always better

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond
Are there any specific products you would recommend for oily skin?

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:44 pm
seeker wrote:
Hydrating isn't enough for getting dressed up, I often look washed out.
Will look up Benetint.
What is the Elf one called?
What color do you like in Maybelline?

https://www.elfcosmetics.com/g.....aw.ds

Maybelline I love the shades Dreamer, Lover, and revolutionary. Revlon liquid lipstick with clear gloss in shade forever pink is also gorgeous and long lasting.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:45 pm
My lower eye lid always bleeds black eye liner. I've tried pencil, powder, the little cream looking ones. I blend it with a brush until it's blended well. And within an hour or so (even less probably) it starts running and I need to keep looking in a mirror to wipe it.
Any advice?
May also even be the drop of mascara on the lower lashes also bleeding. Not touching them. Just slowly the black starts bleeding.

Thanks for the foundation links. I have one I love but its very light for daily usage and fades easily. I wanted to have one for longer usage as well some days.

Last edited by Sewsew_mom on Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:45 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
For the lipstick? Dreamer, lover, and revolutionary are some gorgeous shades, you can also go on the maybelline website and see how they are swatched on different skin tones tho Wink

Sorry I meant they have a few types of the infallible foundation (pro- matte, pro-glow, total cover and 24 fresh wear...)

ETA: I used to get the total cover and I stopped seeing it in the stores and the prices are rising on it so I wanted to know of the other options.

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:48 pm
Hello99 wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond
Are there any specific products you would recommend for oily skin?

Cerave has an SA (salicylic acid) cleanser which is great for oily skin. You can follow that with an oil free moisturizer like cetaphil pro oil free- I used this for YEARS its awesome. I would maybe also use a toner twice a week spread apart (sunday or monday and thursday)- its expensive but the Paula's BHA liquid exfoliant is amazing, but Peach Slices acne toner makes a dupe thats awesome, you can find that online or in CVS.

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:50 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
My lower eye lid always bleeds black eye liner. I've tried pencil, powder, the little cream looking ones. I blend it with a brush until it's blended well. And within an hour or so (even less probably) it starts running and I need to keep looking in a mirror to wipe it.
Any advice?
May also even be the drop of mascara on the lower lashes also bleeding. Not touching them. Just slowly the black starts bleeding.

Thanks for the foundation links. I have one I love but its very light for daily usage and fades easily. I wanted to have one for longer usage as well some days.

Are you using a waterproof eyeliner? if not, those tend to smudge more often. I really like using the inglot gel eyeliner in the tub ( can get on amazon) and apply with an eyeliner brush, but this is difficult for people who havent done it before. A waterproof mascara is also a must- Essence lash princess waterproof mascara (black and blue package) I think EVERY mua uses, its amazing. But definitely use waterproof if you haven't already

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:51 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Sorry I meant they have a few types of the infallible foundation (pro- matte, pro-glow, total cover and 24 fresh wear...)

ETA: I used to get the total cover and I stopped seeing it in the stores and the prices are rising on it so I wanted to know of the other options.

I use the 24 hour fresh wear- I find that its light on the skin, glowy, and lasts Wink

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:55 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Are you using a waterproof eyeliner? if not, those tend to smudge more often. I really like using the inglot gel eyeliner in the tub ( can get on amazon) and apply with an eyeliner brush, but this is difficult for people who havent done it before. A waterproof mascara is also a must- Essence lash princess waterproof mascara (black and blue package) I think EVERY mua uses, its amazing. But definitely use waterproof if you haven't already

OH. Good one. I don't use waterproof. But now I will for the bottom.
I'm actually a trained cosmetologist and went to IL makiage for makeup course years ago. I just don't practice it. So I know how to do my makeup but for some reason this always annoyed the heck out of me and nothing I've tried has helped.
Thanks.

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:56 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
OH. Good one. I don't use waterproof. But now I will for the bottom.
I'm actually a trained cosmetologist and went to IL makiage for makeup course years ago. I just don't practice it. So I know how to do my makeup but for some reason this always annoyed the heck out of me and nothing I've tried has helped.
Thanks.

OMG STOP THATS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!! So jealous!!!! Good luck Wink
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics