Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:04 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
OMG STOP THATS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!! So jealous!!!! Good luck Wink

Youre the one using your talents.. I'm jealous of you.
I was never confident enough 😣

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:19 pm
Can you recommend a mascara that keeps the lashes very individual/not clumpy?

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:20 pm
I want a short makeup routine to do every morning that takes about five minutes or less . I was thinking tinted sunscreen, concealer for under eye circles , mascara and lipstick but open to suggestions

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:21 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Can you recommend a mascara that keeps the lashes very individual/not clumpy?

Essence princess mascara is INCREDIBLE. Like for real. Every MUA uses it. The blue and black bottle one is waterproof so it’ll last you thru the day. I also love the green and black bottle one! And it’s $5- major steal!!!

synthy

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:23 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Essence princess mascara is INCREDIBLE. Like for real. Every MUA uses it. The blue and black bottle one is waterproof so it’ll last you thru the day. I also love the green and black bottle one! And it’s $5- major steal!!!
It didn't work for me... clumped up terribly and it was so waterproof I couldn't wash it off - but the next day it would start bleeding and then I couldn't wash the raccoon eyes away Can't Believe It

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:24 pm
tichellady wrote:
I want a short makeup routine to do every morning that takes about five minutes or less . I was thinking tinted sunscreen, concealer for under eye circles , mascara and lipstick but open to suggestions

For my everyday 3 min and under makeup look I use L’orĂ©al tru match nude foundation- super natural and flawless and I use my hands to rub it in- gives a super natural finish and gets in the crevices! Then I’ll use a beauty blender to just push it down into my skin- dab DONT rub! I’ll take it down to my neck sometimes if the color isn’t right depending on summer/ winter. I think concealer is a bit drying for an everyday look but to cover to any blemishes you do you! Then I use some bronzer I just quickly pat on my cheeks- either cream or powder (I use wet n wild cream bronzer stick-super cheap and gorg) and blend that in with a beauty blender (I rub this in tho Smile And then essence princess mascara either the blue or green bottle and some tinted lipgloss and tadah! 3-5 min and you still feel like yourself but more glam Wink

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:26 pm
synthy wrote:
It didn't work for me... clumped up terribly and it was so waterproof I couldn't wash it off - but the next day it would start bleeding and then I couldn't wash the raccoon eyes away Can't Believe It

Ugh noooo! I hear it tho it happens. ThTs why I think the green bottle doesn’t clump as much. If you don’t want to try essence again, I personally also love the maybelline mega plush mascara. it’s in a teal bottle and you can find it in any drugstore. I think I’ve been wearing this one since high school- my absolute old time fav!

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:27 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
https://www.elfcosmetics.com/glossy-lip-stain/81683.html?utm_content=gpla&gclid=CjwKCAjw79iaBhAJEiwAPYwoCE3NUanNmRcuGFM__ygiZsfzU1DjOHdehrzLOHow3PFq2ZMPR6Ja4RoCfDQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Maybelline I love the shades Dreamer, Lover, and revolutionary. Revlon liquid lipstick with clear gloss in shade forever pink is also gorgeous and long lasting.

Thank you!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:38 pm
where do you buy the catrice concealer?
amother613.24.7 wrote:
hydrate hydrate hydrate!!!! buy a cheap eye cream (I like sephoras brand) and use a hydrating concealer- I love catrice brand- cheap and awesome!!! But a lot of it is genetic and you won’t always get a quick fix with a “good night sleep”

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:40 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Expired products aren't hazardous, but they definitely aren't going to be doing the right job for you if you want an even coverage over your face. If you want a dupe or just a great foundation, My favorite drugstore foundation is l'oreal infallible foundation- its on amazon or any drugstore for $11. The shade range is super awesome and even if you arne't good with shade matching, you can drag the foundation down your neck so there isnt a color difference. I know you might love your expensive foundation, but more expensive doesn't mean better.

I just checked it out on Amazon and there are a TON. Which one to get?? And how is the powder one? I have good skin so don’t need too heavy but heavier than every day wear. I have combination skin..

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:47 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
where do you buy the catrice concealer?

Amazon!

amother613.24.7

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:48 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I just checked it out on Amazon and there are a TON. Which one to get?? And how is the powder one? I have good skin so don’t need too heavy but heavier than every day wear. I have combination skin..

The 24 hr glow is my favorite. Awesome glow and you can mix with moisturizer for a lighter coverage.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:50 pm
Thanks! How do I figure out my color on amazon?
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Amazon!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:02 am
I'm looking into doing makeup professionally, if you don't mind sharing. Where/how did you train? I know makeup artists can charge a lot these days but I'm sure it can be exhausting, that being said can I really make a good money doing this? How much is the training, upkeep and supplies? Thanks!

amother613.24.7

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:03 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
Thanks! How do I figure out my color on amazon?

neutral ivory- my medium shade to match the face
cool cashmere- perfect for lighter or fairer skin
neutral biscuit- more deeper skin tones

amother613.24.7

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:07 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I'm looking into doing makeup professionally, if you don't mind sharing. Where/how did you train? I know makeup artists can charge a lot these days but I'm sure it can be exhausting, that being said can I really make a good money doing this? How much is the training, upkeep and supplies? Thanks!

I trained in a legit beauty school. Tuition was about 3K but I dropped out later cuz I found that the “non jewish” style makeup just isn’t the same natural glam that jews like. I spent another $1500 doing private lessons with a jewish artist because she knows what people want. Building a kit is the hardest because you don’t want to drop money on ALL high end products. I spend aabout $1300 to start my kit but it’s basically all drugstore products- it adds up!!! I do have a bunch of high end products tho, but if you want all dior foundation and chanel blush and MAC and sephora products it’s gonna be close to 2K to 2500. I don’t do this full time, but when I do I love it. But it’s underrated how tiring it is. I thought the job is so glamorous but they are long days- starting super early and can go super late when chuppahs don’t start on time. But don’t let that deter you- it’s very motivating. You also need to be good customer service and communication and being able to deal with rude clients who just don’t care. But you can definitely pm me with more questions Wink

synthy

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:28 am
What makeup items do you recommend in the high end sector? I enjoy splurging occasionally (ok a bit more than occasionally...). I like buying makeup over clothing cuz at least I know it'll fit even if my size changes😝

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:38 am
amother613.24.7 wrote:
I use the 24 hour fresh wear- I find that its light on the skin, glowy, and lasts Wink

Awesome! Thanks!

Does it provide a nice coverage to hide blemishes? Or was the other that you recommended that's on amazon do a better job?

top mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 2:37 am
Thanks a lot OP!
We're having a Simcha soon, and I decided to do my own makeup TMI , so I really want to restock !
In gonna order just about everything you recommended Wink

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:42 am
rofa wrote:
Unless I go way orangey-red, every red lip color ends up looking like a deep berry red/pink on me- any ideas why that is?

I have the same issue.

I found that MAC lipsticks are more highly pigmented and I do not have that problem with their lip products.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics