Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Ideas for weekly/2 week menu- simple/ advance prep

tovli toraspicha

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:40 pm
I'm looking for ideas for a 2 week menu of suppers that are mostly simple/ can be prepped in advance. Food that can be reheated for supper and kid friendly. Would appreciate all ideas! Nothing too complicated to make, thank you!

bliss1

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:28 pm
Spaghetti and meatballs
Lasagna
Schnitzel (can be prepped in advance and fried fresh or it’s also fine reheated)
Hot dogs, hamburgers
Pizza (can be made in advance and reheated)
Baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese
Tacos
Shawarma, falafel
BBQ pulled beef sandwiches
Tuna patties
Baked chicken and rice
Sesame chicken
Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, etc can be made in advance and eggs scrambled fresh)
Baked ziti

Pretty much anything I can think of can be at least mostly if not all made in advance.

Between carpools has a number of 9x13 chicken and potato/rice/couscous recipes.

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 5:43 pm
Something I made today and was insanely delicious. French fries in a pan. Sprinkle salt. Top With chicken bottoms. Put whatever spices you want on the chicken and Sprinkle salt. Cover tightly. Sounds like a cheating supper but the fries get a DELICIOUS flavor from the chicken. Doesn’t get any easier than that.

zoom

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 5:58 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Something I made today and was insanely delicious. French fries in a pan. Sprinkle salt. Top With chicken bottoms. Put whatever spices you want on the chicken and Sprinkle salt. Cover tightly. Sounds like a cheating supper but the fries get a DELICIOUS flavor from the chicken. Doesn’t get any easier than that.

Were they frozen?
Do they get soft and mushy?

Is it like reg potatoes baked?

emzod42

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 6:10 pm
You can freeze chicken in marinades. I cut up cutlets into small pieces and mix in a bag with oil and spices (I do spices for shawarma or fajitas). Then thaw in fridge overnight and cook on stove or in oven. For the shawarma chicken I serve on pita with Israeli salad, hummus, etc. For the fajita chicken I add cut up bell peppers and serve with tortillas. Or you could Italian dressing or any other marinade.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:20 am
Looks like some great ideas, thanks!!

metacognizant

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:41 am
Can anyone post a menu like this with A LOT less meat? Fish is ok, as are other forms of protein and pretend meat.

lora

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:00 am
I freeze ready to bake/cook meals.
coat lots of chicken in flour, salt, pepper and fry 2 minutes on each side. divide into daily tinfoil pans.
next make 2-3 sauces. example- sauteed onions, peppers, add ketchup, bbq sauce duck sauce. sesame chicken sauce (you can buy or make), Marsala- sauteed onions, some garlic, mushrooms chicken soup leftover, salt and pepper, white wine/white cooking wine. or whatever sauces your family likes. fill pans with different sauces on top of the chicken, label and freeze. defrost morning of serving, bake on 350 for half an hour.
when you put it in the oven, add a separate pan of stir fry veggies drizzled with oil and spices etc.
meatballs I make a big batch, shape balls and divide into tinfoil pans, freeze raw, defrost morning of serving, cook in tomato sauce for an hour, add in spaghetti the last 15 minutes.

Last edited by lora on Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:11 am
I freeze meatballs and spaghetti with sauce everything together in on foil pan and then can reheat either in oven or on hot plate.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:18 am
There are quick frozen foods that can be done quickly in grocery.
Like fish sticks- just fry
Breaded tilapia or flounder- just fry
Potato knishes- bake
Frank's & blanks- bake
Pizza balls or pizza snaps- bake
Pancakes- bake or put into sandwich maker. Add maple or pancake syrup before serving.
Corn shnitzels-fry.
Frozen pizza-just reheat in oven or microwave
Frozen fries-bake with oil and spices or fry

Then if you want to make your own food to freeze for later use, there are many threads, where I shared what can be frozen.

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:31 am
zoom wrote:
Were they frozen?
Do they get soft and mushy?

Is it like reg potatoes baked?

I use frozen. Does get a little mushy but very soft. Doesn't taste like baked potatoes at all.
Something else that's extremely easy: buy the paskesz Crispy fried onions. Put a generous layer into a pan. Take thin chicken cutlets coat one side with a layer of mayo. Put mayonnaise side onto the onions now coat the other side with mayo and put another generous layer of the Crispy fried onions. Bake uncovered. It's DELICIOUS and takes me under 5 min from start to oven. I baked it for about 20-25 min.

baltomom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:32 am
I have a rough weekly menu that makes it easier to plan:
Sunday-Shabbos leftovers
Monday-something made with chicken cutlets
Tuesday - milchig pasta and fish
Wednesday - chopped meat
Thursday - homemade or frozen pizza

ta1

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:01 am
baltomom wrote:
I have a rough weekly menu that makes it easier to plan:
Sunday-Shabbos leftovers
Monday-something made with chicken cutlets
Tuesday - milchig pasta and fish
Wednesday - chopped meat
Thursday - homemade or frozen pizza

Are you me?
I have the same menu lol Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:16 am
I try to season the raw proteins right after going shopping each week and freezing them, so they're ready to bake.

Put the pan of seasoned frozen food in the oven in the morning. Set it to delay bake so it turns on before you come home. It will thaw until the oven turns on.
It's very nice to come home to hot dinner.

Place a pan of rice, potatoes or another side dish, to bake side by side next to the pan of protein as well.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:51 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Baked? Temperature and time?

smileyface:)

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 1:45 pm
Our suppers

Dairy tacos - taco meat mixture, guacamole, sour real, cut up veggies

Rice and beans with cheese sauce - put in burritos

Lasagna

Broccoli quiche and plain pasta

Pasta with parve meat sauce

Vegetarian chili and bread

Homemade pizza

Salmon salad and rice side

Fake burgers with all the trimmings and toppings

Burrito casserole

Eggs with toast and guacamole and veggies

Pasta and smoothie

Quesadillas

Can you tell we are milk lovers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus