Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

shopdrop

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 2:19 am
How do you wash your brushes? I'm so lazy to wash mine...

sushilover

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:25 am
Thanks for this thread!
Do you have a blush brush recommendation?

Do you have a sunscreen recommendation that isnt oily and doesn't leave a white cast?

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:34 am
Do you have any recommendations for a moisturizer for combination skin?

iammom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:01 am
amother613.24.7 wrote:
neutral ivory- my medium shade to match the face
cool cashmere- perfect for lighter or fairer skin
neutral biscuit- more deeper skin tones

Can you provide a link for the cool cashmere? Can’t seem to find it online. Thanks!

iammom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:03 am
Also, I find that when I put on moisturizer right before foundation, it makes my foundation splotchy I’m confused because you mentioned that you always put on moisturizer before doing makeup and I’ve had makeup artists do the same to me.
What am I doing wrong?

Aurora

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:50 am
Just want to say how much I appreciate this thread!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:00 am
amother Hunter wrote:
How do I know what blush looks good with my skin tone?

Im v pale .

Also why at the end of the day does my foundation often look cakey and dotty and as if my skin is dry?
I moisturise every night and use primer.

Thanks for this thread!

I'm not the makeup artist, but I think you might need to exfoliate. You can try glycolic pads (L'oreal bright reveal) or a gentle exfoliating cream.

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:25 am
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Are you using a waterproof eyeliner? if not, those tend to smudge more often. I really like using the inglot gel eyeliner in the tub ( can get on amazon) and apply with an eyeliner brush, but this is difficult for people who havent done it before. A waterproof mascara is also a must- Essence lash princess waterproof mascara (black and blue package) I think EVERY mua uses, its amazing. But definitely use waterproof if you haven't already

I used waterproof today.. Still happened Sad

Any other ideas? This is ongoing for years...

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:38 am
Sewsew_mom wrote:

I only use waterproof and it always happens to me as well. I would love advice as well.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:05 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Many high end makeup artist will use cheap products, they just put them in smaller packaging so you don't know. I am not going to recommend a $50 foundation if I know you can get very similar results with a $15 foundation and just apply an extra layer or less. I think it's so frustrating to buy an expensive beauty product and not like the shade when you get home or it looks bad when you apply it alone, so I recommend my favorite drugstore products because I think you have the most access to them and they have similar ingredients to the high end stuff. But of course, if someone is looking to splurge, I can always recommend some higher end stuff Wink

I've tried L'oreal infallible foundation and I found it was a little too pasty for me.
Personally, I find that expensive foundations are worth the price. I've got charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless now and I love it. Its long lasting and has a nice finish to it. I've had it for quite a few months and there is still plenty left - you only need a little for each application.

With lipstick, drugstores are perfect.
https://www.kikocosmetics.com/.....10344
This one is my all-time favourite. Long lasting and it doesn't get bitty like some other long-lasting ones

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:09 pm
shopdrop wrote:
How do you wash your brushes? I'm so lazy to wash mine...

YOu can wash them with a gentle shampoo and water. Lather , rinse very well and then let them dry over a sink or something

synthy

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:18 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:

Powdering well under the eyes works for me

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:18 pm
cnc wrote:
I only use waterproof and it always happens to me as well. I would love advice as well.
2 things to try. The l.a girl pencil eyeliner is seriously amazing. And put powder on top of it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:20 pm
What’s the correct way to apply bronzer without contouring?

cookies6

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:19 pm
When applying eye liner to lower lids - on the water line or on the outside of the lid? How to prevent “skipping”?

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:22 pm
What kind of powder should I put under my eyes?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:27 pm
loose setting powder or natural colored eyeshadow

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:35 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:

It can be your skin composition. It happens to my colleague as well.
Use the finest mascara you can so you don't end up with it becoming piece-y. Very thin fine brush. I don't use waterproof.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....ss_tl

amother Latte wrote:
Can you recommend a mascara that keeps the lashes very individual/not clumpy?

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 6:10 pm
thanks for this thread!

What makeup is good for sensitive skin? I use little makeup and every time I put on, my nose gets runny. Plus I don't like the feel of makeup on me it bothers me the sensory aspect. Is there a gentle one you'd recommend that barely feels like you're wearing makeup? It's mostly the foundation that bothers me. I've tried a tinted moisturizer and even that bothers my face and makes me get sniffles. I have dry skin.

But would love lipstick recc too that feels very gentle.

Also what's the best and gentle way to remove makeup? I used to use baby oil but then I hated the oily feel of my face.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 6:42 pm
I started a thread a couple of months ago for the best eye products for sensitive eyes. Whatever I use gets my eyes itchy and watery a short time later. The interesting thing is it never happens when I get my face done professionally, so there must be some trick I'm missing, not just a certain product, though I'm open to hearing suggestions on that as well.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....96760

Can you comment on any of the recs on that thread or if you have any of your own suggestions? Thank you so much!
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics