Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:44 pm
So generous of you to offer advice here. Im pretty good with makeup and colors but one of the things I never figured out is how to conceal my undereyes. Most concealers are too white looking or dont conceal enough. Wondering if you have a magic concealer for the dark undereye.
Also I love a real natural look and still looking for a really nice lipliner. Many times all I use is some liner (no lipstick) I love that look if its lip color. Ive been using loreal nudes for life but its a bit dark. TIA!!

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:52 pm
What’s best eyeliner for Shabbos? Whatever I put on is completely off by Shabbos morning.

just wondering

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:15 pm
wow this thread is awesome! Thanks! I use tinted primer instead of foundation. What would you say to that?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:42 pm
synthy wrote:
What makeup items do you recommend in the high end sector? I enjoy splurging occasionally (ok a bit more than occasionally...). I like buying makeup over clothing cuz at least I know it'll fit even if my size changes😝

I'm not op but I'm a licensed MUA. If you want to splurge Charlotte Tilbury is soooo good. Look out for black Friday sales.
I love their liquid contour, blush and highlighter. I use it on myself all the time.
The cream eyeshadow is super hydrating and feels delicious on your lids. You have to set it with a similar color shadow otherwise it can crease.
If you really really want to splurge the magic cream is awesome. I used a travel size sample but didn't have the heart to purchase the full size.

Hourglass blushes and bronzers are also really beautiful and worth the splurge.
https://www.hourglasscosmetics.....heeks

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:44 pm
iammom wrote:
Also, I find that when I put on moisturizer right before foundation, it makes my foundation splotchy I’m confused because you mentioned that you always put on moisturizer before doing makeup and I’ve had makeup artists do the same to me.
What am I doing wrong?

You have to really pat in the moisturizer. Wait a few minutes for it to fully absorb into your skin and only then apply foundation. My favorite method is with a damp beauty blender. Tap it in don't rub.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:48 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
I used waterproof today.. Still happened Sad

Any other ideas? This is ongoing for years...

Use concealer in your undereye area. Tap it in with your fingertips to really melt into your skin.
Dip the pointy end of a damp beauty blender into setting powder (I love using RCMA). Tap it in ontop of the concealer. Wait a few minutes and then brush off excess powder with a clean fluffy brush.
Apply your waterproof liner and mascara after this.
I like the maybelline tatoo liner and the maybelline volumnious waterproof mascara yellow tube.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:49 pm
cnc wrote:
What kind of powder should I put under my eyes?

I love the RCMA powder. Cheap and translucent.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:51 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
So generous of you to offer advice here. Im pretty good with makeup and colors but one of the things I never figured out is how to conceal my undereyes. Most concealers are too white looking or dont conceal enough. Wondering if you have a magic concealer for the dark undereye.
Also I love a real natural look and still looking for a really nice lipliner. Many times all I use is some liner (no lipstick) I love that look if its lip color. Ive been using loreal nudes for life but its a bit dark. TIA!!

You need to color correct first. Perhaps if you go to a Mac location or Sephora they can help you find the right shades.
Using a salmon/orangey color first will help brighten dark circles. Then apply the correct shade on top.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:47 pm
synthy wrote:
What makeup items do you recommend in the high end sector? I enjoy splurging occasionally (ok a bit more than occasionally...). I like buying makeup over clothing cuz at least I know it'll fit even if my size changes😝

The highest end products I love are the giorgio armani luminous silk foundation- you can get the smaller size, its GORGEOUS you literally cant tell or feel like you are wearing makeup. The dior backstage foundations are also beautifullll. The Nars blushes also have beautiful shades I love their pigment and finish. The liquid one ive never tried but also looks beautiful. I use the westman atelier bronzer sticks that are awesome but the makeup by mario ones are the same exact thing for half the price and still considered a very good brand, can find in sephora. Hope this helps!!

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:49 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Awesome! Thanks!

Does it provide a nice coverage to hide blemishes? Or was the other that you recommended that's on amazon do a better job?

I find that the l'oreal covers blemishes great. I will rarely use concealer for blemishes. The catrice one is a bit more liquidy and has more of a different coverage, still more medium to full coverage though. I use them interchangably depending on my clients skin tones.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:51 pm
shopdrop wrote:
How do you wash your brushes? I'm so lazy to wash mine...

I will use a dish soap/ baby shampoo on my personal brushes but on my makeup kit brushes I use cinema secrets brush cleaner (can purchase on amazon). It literally takes off every SPECK of makeup in a few easy swipes. if youve never cleaned your brushes, it can take off years of makeup buildup on a brush in a second. Totally reccommend. You can buy the smaller size first and see if you like it so you dont purchase the big one for so much.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:52 pm
sushilover wrote:
Thanks for this thread!
Do you have a blush brush recommendation?

Do you have a sunscreen recommendation that isnt oily and doesn't leave a white cast?

I usually apply blush with a super fluffy (not dense) brush. My makeup teacher taught me to apply iot with a fan brush, she loves it the most, and its growing on me again. it just this light dust of blush around a large area and you can apply it slowly. Definitely reccomemnd a fan brush if you dont have one! you can get a cheap one on amazon

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:54 pm
sushilover wrote:
Thanks for this thread!
Do you have a blush brush recommendation?

Do you have a sunscreen recommendation that isnt oily and doesn't leave a white cast?

Sorry forgot to answer the second q. I personally like the Dr. Jarts tinted spf. Everyone swears by the Elta Md tinted sunscreen- its amazing for your skin and beautiful glowy finish. Its definitely pricey tho. La Roche Posay is also another great opstion but also a bit pricey. Ive used the Dr. Jarts one and the shiseido color changing spf and love them both!

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:55 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Do you have any recommendations for a moisturizer for combination skin?

I used the cetaphil oil free moisturizer for YEARS.Its a white and purple bottle. And for a small bottle, they lasted me a really long time. I really love it.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:56 pm
iammom wrote:
Can you provide a link for the cool cashmere? Can’t seem to find it online. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Catrice.....ss_tl

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:58 pm
iammom wrote:
Also, I find that when I put on moisturizer right before foundation, it makes my foundation splotchy I’m confused because you mentioned that you always put on moisturizer before doing makeup and I’ve had makeup artists do the same to me.
What am I doing wrong?

I usually will put on 3 layers of moisturizer- let 2 sink into the skin and the third sit on the skin. Patience is key, but it doesnt take long to sink it more. But also you need to make sure that you are using a moisturizer compatible with your foundation- if your foundation is water based, you need a water based foundation. If you have an oil based foundation with a water based moisturizer, as you know with cooking, they wont mix. I suggest looking into your foundation (can google) if it is water or oil based and either swap out your foundation or moisturizer for one that is compatible with the other. Hope this helps!

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:59 pm
Aurora wrote:
Just want to say how much I appreciate this thread!

Thank you Heart Heart Heart Heart

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:00 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
I used waterproof today.. Still happened Sad

Any other ideas? This is ongoing for years...

Im sorry it didnt work! You can try using concealer under your eye (going quite close to your water line) and setting it with powder to ensure your under eyes arent oily and pulling the eyeliner down.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:02 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
I've tried L'oreal infallible foundation and I found it was a little too pasty for me.
Personally, I find that expensive foundations are worth the price. I've got charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless now and I love it. Its long lasting and has a nice finish to it. I've had it for quite a few months and there is still plenty left - you only need a little for each application.

With lipstick, drugstores are perfect.
https://www.kikocosmetics.com/.....10344
This one is my all-time favourite. Long lasting and it doesn't get bitty like some other long-lasting ones

totally depends on preference! CT is an absolutely gorgeous foundation. If you want to try a dupe the l'oreal tru match nude foundation is just as gorgeous. But if you love high end then CT is def worth it, as is Dior backstage foundation and the giorgio armani luminous silk foundation Smile

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:07 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
What’s the correct way to apply bronzer without contouring?

You can get a big fluffy brush and any bronzer you have, whether powder or cream ( I find cream blends better with a sponge/blender tho). Take it across your hairline and across your cheekbones. I like to take my brush and "make a line" from the top of my ear to the bottom of my nose- thats going to not drag you face down, without contouring of course. Dust it across that line. You just want to achieve and subtle tan/glow, not a harsh chiseled line. Hope this helps!!!
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics