Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Aryeh Yechezkel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:14 pm
Thoughts on this name? BeH due with our second and names for two grandfathers.
Last name is 3 syllables

funmamma

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:20 pm
Beautiful! Bshaa tovah!

Elfrida

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:34 pm
If you call him by both names they will run into each other. Ar-yeh-chezkel.

If you plan on using both names on a regular basis, you might want to think about switching them round. Otherwise there's nothing g wrong with it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:36 pm
Just Aryeh day-to-day. Good point… I don’t love the name Yechezkel so I wanted that to be second but still wanted to include. Only practical for aliyos etc.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:17 pm
I actually love it.

B”shah Tova.
Everything should be with Mazel and Bracha. And he should be a great source of Nachas to your entire family.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:18 pm
chatzkel is a cute nickname for yechezkel Very Happy

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:20 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
chatzkel is a cute nickname for yechezkel Very Happy

Except she already said she is calling him Aryeh. Do you not read the thread or is it not good enough for you?

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:31 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Except she already said she is calling him Aryeh. Do you not read the thread or is it not good enough for you?

Really?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just Aryeh day-to-day. Good point… I don’t love the name Yechezkel so I wanted that to be second but still wanted to include. Only practical for aliyos etc.
[b]

mommyhood

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:33 pm
Yechezkel Aryeh sounds nice to me! Has a better flow then reversed. Nothing wrong with being called by your middle name. I know both boys and girls like that.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:39 pm
I don’t understand why if OP really knows what she wants and has said so, that we are making her doubt or question herself.

Why do people do that. She said this is what she wants, she is just looking for reassurance. She said she doesn’t love Yechezkel, maybe it is not a common name in her community. Maybe it is auditory or any other reason. Why do that to her?

Are you gaslighting her? Do you need to feel that you l ow better ? Do you need to feel empowered that you know better and named someone else’s kid?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 5:41 pm
I don’t understand why if OP really knows what she wants and has said so, that we are making her doubt or question herself.

Why do people do that. She said this is what she wants, she is just looking for reassurance. She said she doesn’t love Yechezkel, maybe it is not a common name in her community. Maybe it is auditory or any other reason. Why do that to her?

Are you gaslighting her? Do you need to feel that you l ow better ? Do you need to feel empowered that you know better and named someone else’s kid?

You can still be nice. Your above comment was very much not.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 6:11 pm
I taught a boy with exactly this name. He was a great boy. Brilliant. Leader. Strong.

His parents even asked me to call him by his full name daily. There was no issue at all.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 7:10 pm

...what is wrong with you
this website is full of such lovely ladies

dena613

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 7:18 pm
I like the flow of yechezkel aryeh better (I'm not sure if you are asking for opinions)

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 8:56 pm
Neon Purple,
OP asked for thoughts on this name. So people shared their thoughts. No crime was committed.

Optione

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:09 pm
Here's my thought on the name (as OP requested):

Aryeh Yechezkel is a 100% fine name.

I personally would use the name Yechezkel Aryeh and call him by his middle name. (I have a child who is called by the middle name.)

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:15 pm
lovely

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 5:54 am
Sounds wonderful.
And such a z'chus to name after two grandfathers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names