Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Hechsher Question

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:04 pm
Last week I bought some little individual fruit leathers for my kids. They're made by a company called Frutina; they are called Real Fruit Snacks. I never bought them before, but I saw a hechsher that we use for such things (Manchester Bais Din) on the underneath of the wrapper.
Today my kids went out and bought some more of them. Here's the thing - the Manchester logo is missing. It does have another hechsher on the front of the wrapper- it's a kind of shield with a 'K' inside.

Anyone have any information about the hechsher or the product, please. It's made in Canada.
TIA.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:11 pm
United Mehadrin Kosher?

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:12 pm
Isn't that the manchester hechser, in the shape of a shield, with MK inside it? (not to be confused with the Canadian hechsher MK - montreal kashrus- which is inside a circle, and the letters aren't block letters like the Manchester one). Anyway, those have Dayan Y. Westheim's name on it.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:12 pm
http://www.umkosher.com/

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:14 pm
No, crayon, it doesn't look like that. The K is inside a magen dovid which is inside a shield.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:15 pm
TR, the Manchester Beis Din is MK inside a circle. Westheim is a separate hechsher.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 6:54 pm
is it this:

http://www.koshertechnicalkonsultants.org/

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 8:25 am
Yes! That's the one!

technic

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 10:44 am
(it looks like some kind of beetle shock )

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 6:08 pm
Thanks all for your help.
I called the Beis Din on Monday to ask them, the fellow I spoke to said he has no information about this individual product but that if the Manchester hechsher is no longer present on the wrapper, there must be a reason for it.

Oh well.
My kids bought tons of them and I don't even have the receipt!

Emee

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 2:39 pm
I realize this is way late but I stumbled across the post. I knew the family that is behind the hashgacha and they are a normal yeshivish family. I woudl eat in their home ( and have) so I hold by the hechsher. The hechsher is not well known because they only certify healthy or organic products.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen