Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im a certified makeup artist- Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:08 pm
cookies6 wrote:
When applying eye liner to lower lids - on the water line or on the outside of the lid? How to prevent “skipping”?

The key is to not go in one big swipe. I will go in a few super small "drags" across your eye. Skipping also happens when your eyeliner is dried out. But the key is to go in very small but connecting strokes. Focus on going close to the lash line so its not small strokes that start higher or lower than each other. Hope this helps!!

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:10 pm
cnc wrote:
What kind of powder should I put under my eyes?

I reccommend a loose powder to just set everything in place, but some people like compact powder to push in your skin. Loose powder is usually to set makeup you already put down. Compact powder is usually used on its own or even on top of makeup, totally preference. I like to apply loose powder with a powder puff which you can find on amazon.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:10 pm
What is the best way to outline my medium sized green eyes in the most natural way? What color and type eyeliner? And what color eyeshadow?
I like the look of almost no eyeliner so that it doesn't make my eyes look smaller.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:14 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
thanks for this thread!

What makeup is good for sensitive skin? I use little makeup and every time I put on, my nose gets runny. Plus I don't like the feel of makeup on me it bothers me the sensory aspect. Is there a gentle one you'd recommend that barely feels like you're wearing makeup? It's mostly the foundation that bothers me. I've tried a tinted moisturizer and even that bothers my face and makes me get sniffles. I have dry skin.

But would love lipstick recc too that feels very gentle.

Also what's the best and gentle way to remove makeup? I used to use baby oil but then I hated the oily feel of my face.

Are you allergic to anything? It could be worth it to go to a dermatologist if you think you are allergic to something in the makeup. If you want something super light but nice coverage and hydrating, I love the L'oreal tru match nude foundation. If you want more high end, the charlotte tilbury flawless filter is a classic but it barely has any coverage, and everyone talks about ELF has a dupe for this product that everyone swears by and says its even better than CT. I like double cleansing to get makeup off- using a cleansing balm ( can get on amazon- I like clean it zero but ponds also works) and follow with a facial cleanser to get rid of the oily film. You can also use miscellar water but this usually doesnt get everything off and can cause skin issues. And a hydrating lipstick I woud reccommend glossier. Or a lip stain like benetint or ELF's lip stain. they ar subtle but add beautiful color and you can add a pink gloss on top for some more color and shine!

mom of 8

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:14 pm
My daughter barely has any eyebrows. Is there something to help it grow thicker?

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:16 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I started a thread a couple of months ago for the best eye products for sensitive eyes. Whatever I use gets my eyes itchy and watery a short time later. The interesting thing is it never happens when I get my face done professionally, so there must be some trick I'm missing, not just a certain product, though I'm open to hearing suggestions on that as well.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....96760

Can you comment on any of the recs on that thread or if you have any of your own suggestions? Thank you so much!

Maybe you are experiencing sensitivity because your products are expired. Many times eye products expire after 6 months of opening it. Mascara thats definitely the case, not 100% sure about eyeshadows. But we makeup artists will sanitize our eyeshadow palettes and possible buy them more often. You can be reacting to the dust and bacteria on your eye products. Im not suggesting you throw all your makeup away, but maybe use one product a day and see which one is bothering you instead of putting them all on at once.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:19 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
So generous of you to offer advice here. Im pretty good with makeup and colors but one of the things I never figured out is how to conceal my undereyes. Most concealers are too white looking or dont conceal enough. Wondering if you have a magic concealer for the dark undereye.
Also I love a real natural look and still looking for a really nice lipliner. Many times all I use is some liner (no lipstick) I love that look if its lip color. Ive been using loreal nudes for life but its a bit dark. TIA!!

A lot of times people use a concealer that is too light for them because they want to "brighten" and they end up looking ashy. I reccommend using an eye cream first and then using a hydrating eye concealer. Ill link one down below. Neutral buiscut and cool cashmere are my 2 favorites. You can see them swatched and try and compare to your skin tone. Lighter does not always mean better Wink

https://www.amazon.com/Catrice.....ss_tl

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:20 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
What’s best eyeliner for Shabbos? Whatever I put on is completely off by Shabbos morning.

Waterproof eyeliner will be your best bet. Stila or sukirubeauty.com has amazing eyeliner. maybelline I also used forever, its black with pink metallic writing- its awesome!!!

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:21 pm
just wondering wrote:
wow this thread is awesome! Thanks! I use tinted primer instead of foundation. What would you say to that?

Wait ive literally never heard of tinted PRIMER?!? So cool!! what brand?

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:24 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
What is the best way to outline my medium sized green eyes in the most natural way? What color and type eyeliner? And what color eyeshadow?
I like the look of almost no eyeliner so that it doesn't make my eyes look smaller.

I would reccommend a brown eyeliner- I know it sounds crazy but I always use it on my green eyed clients. If you know how to use cream eyeliner, I reccommend the inglot brown cream eyeliner and apply with an angled eyeliner brush close to the lash line. Sometimes ill use a small dense brush and while its "wet" ill diffuse it to give it a more natural look. And bronzey or purplish eyeshadows will make your eyes pop! Im not saying electric purple, but barely there light purple eyeshadow will give you a natural pop- I absolutely love it.

amother613.24.7

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:26 pm
mom of 8 wrote:
My daughter barely has any eyebrows. Is there something to help it grow thicker?

The Ordinary has a serum ill link below. Grande lash also makes one, I use their lash serum and love it but its very expensive. But most importantly is patience and of course not making her feel self conscious.

https://www.ulta.com/p/multi-p.....S_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=&CAAGID=&CAWELAID=330000200002891410&gclid=Cj0KCQjwteOaBhDuARIsADBqRejkEwOzfrORTNdFxFFgucQHF5c_CllrdxWVzkHHtCPxyhBJ6v9KLBwaAoE7EALw_wcB

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:53 pm
How do I know which color concealer to try? My skin has a bit of a darker tone.
What do you do when client develops a new pimple? You treat or just cover with concealer? Any recommendations to get rid of them?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:54 pm
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Sorry forgot to answer the second q. I personally like the Dr. Jarts tinted spf. Everyone swears by the Elta Md tinted sunscreen- its amazing for your skin and beautiful glowy finish. Its definitely pricey tho. La Roche Posay is also another great opstion but also a bit pricey. Ive used the Dr. Jarts one and the shiseido color changing spf and love them both!

Do I need my tinted sunscreen for winter as well or a tinted moisturizer is enough for the NY winter?
Also I'd really appreciate if you could recommend a natural/clean brand for both a tinted moisturizer and foundation ( fair skin)
Much appreciated!!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:55 pm
Lipstick always dries out my lips. Any advice.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:03 am
amother613.24.7 wrote:
I would reccommend a brown eyeliner- I know it sounds crazy but I always use it on my green eyed clients. If you know how to use cream eyeliner, I reccommend the inglot brown cream eyeliner and apply with an angled eyeliner brush close to the lash line. Sometimes ill use a small dense brush and while its "wet" ill diffuse it to give it a more natural look. And bronzey or purplish eyeshadows will make your eyes pop! Im not saying electric purple, but barely there light purple eyeshadow will give you a natural pop- I absolutely love it.

Thanks! I go from black to brown and back again. Gonna try brown again. I also used to use eyeliner on my top and bottom lid, now I only use on top and thin layer on lash line and on upper lid water line.

amother613.24.7

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:14 am
amother Daylily wrote:
How do I know which color concealer to try? My skin has a bit of a darker tone.
What do you do when client develops a new pimple? You treat or just cover with concealer? Any recommendations to get rid of them?

Neutral buiscuit and warm olive are darker/warmer tones concealers linke dbelow. I cant treat my client's pimples because I am not an esthetician, but I will use foundation and put on concealer with a q-tip a SUPER tiny amount. I like to use La Roche Posay cicaplast balm b5 on my blemishes, it works fabulously!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Catrice.....ss_tl

amother613.24.7

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:17 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Do I need my tinted sunscreen for winter as well or a tinted moisturizer is enough for the NY winter?
Also I'd really appreciate if you could recommend a natural/clean brand for both a tinted moisturizer and foundation ( fair skin)
Much appreciated!!

Sunscreen is reccommended for all seasons, whether sunny or not. Ilia is a clean brand with an awesome skin tint with spf and has an amazing shade range, theyre in sephora. I dont know your skin tone so I cant match u over here but you can go to sephora and check it out or order on sephora a few shades and return the ones you dont like. and I like the l'oreal tru match nude foundation, great shade range, medium and glowy coverage and doesnt look cakey, just use a water based moisturizer before. Hope this helps!!!

amother613.24.7

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:19 am
amother Violet wrote:
Lipstick always dries out my lips. Any advice.

I moisturize my clients lips before I start the face and then use a lipstick after and apply more lip serum/ointment. Glossier has amazing lipstixks that are SUPER hydrating and never drying, although they are usually a little more sheer but natural and beautiful.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:20 am
Thanks!!!

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:57 am
amother613.24.7 wrote:
Sunscreen is reccommended for all seasons, whether sunny or not. Ilia is a clean brand with an awesome skin tint with spf and has an amazing shade range, theyre in sephora. I dont know your skin tone so I cant match u over here but you can go to sephora and check it out or order on sephora a few shades and return the ones you dont like. and I like the l'oreal tru match nude foundation, great shade range, medium and glowy coverage and doesnt look cakey, just use a water based moisturizer before. Hope this helps!!!

Oh wow even if I'm mostly home/in doors? for daily use you'd recommend tinted sun screen rather than tinted moisturizer? And do you have another clean brand that's cheaper than Ilia ?
the foundation looks great, I'm fair skinned you think I should take the "very light" shade ?
Sorry if I asked too many questions 😂
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics