Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
From what age do you get your kids a passport?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:20 am
amother Pearl wrote:
Generally speaking, without emergency passports, you can not fly with a passport too close to expiration. Of course there are exceptions, but it’s better to renew it earlier, rather than rely on an emergency passport.

Ofcourse
Just saying that there’s no limit as the other poster said. It’s actually easier to get an emergency passport if you show proof of travel.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:40 am
chanar wrote:
Friday afternoon, fast days when the kids end early, chol hamoed, Erev yom tov or the day after.. those are times when I’ve taken my kids.. I actually haven’t found it too hard to get appts at my local post office, I do it online and a couple days ahead they usually have availablity..

The problem is that my dh does not think it's important, so he would never agree to take off work for it. He works fri afternoon, fast days, erev YT and isru chag.
He is makpid not to work chol hamoed so maybe I'll schedule appointments now for pesach Smile
It's also a hassle to take the kids for passport photos beforehand

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:41 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
The problem is that my dh does not think it's important, so he would never agree to take off work for it. He works fri afternoon, fast days, erev YT and isru chag.
He is makpid not to work chol hamoed so maybe I'll schedule appointments now for pesach Smile
It's also a hassle to take the kids for passport photos beforehand

Get a signer notarized paper that he allows you to take the kids yourself

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 6:42 am
Funny about all the Israeli's who don't have passports...

I keep both US and Israeli passports up to date (live in Israel) and the main reason I wont give up my US citizenship despite the taxes, is because I don't want to give up on the passport.

I think that if there is ever a serious, credible, threat of nuclear or chemical or biological weapons in a war, I would leave, my emunah is just not strong enough for that now....

Elfrida

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 7:21 am
Interesting. I make sure I have at least one valid passport so I can travel immediately if there is a family emergency, but I never really considered leaving Israel because of nuclear threats. Where else would I go? אין לי ארץ אחרת.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 7:32 am
Birth. My kids are dual citizens so we get them 2 passports.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 8:03 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
No there isn’t. It’s actually possible to get an emergency passport if you show a ticket for the following day. We’ve done it twice.

As long as emergency passport service is smooth then everything as smooth.
If there's is a force majeur for a whole country I don't think the emergency passport service will be that smooth and easy.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 8:26 am
Elfrida wrote:
Where are you going to go from England without crossing water? Scotland and Wales are both part of the UK, and you don't need a passport. If you were in Northern Ireland you could go into the Republic of Ireland, but not any further without crossing water. (The Irish Sea or the Atlantic ocean.)

From Israel you can technically cross into Arab countries without crossing water, but the political situation often makes that rather difficult, even if you wanted to.

There is no actual border in between Ireland and N.Ireland. I mean there is but its invisible and you don't need to show a passport. You also don't actually need a passport to go from the Republic of Ireland to England, Scotland or Wales, a photo ID or birth cert (for kids) is ok, but some airlines will only accept passports, so it depends how you travel. The UK and Ireland are a common travel area. (like schengen)

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 10:05 am
Right away and we never travel, only my husband for work .. also just so everyone knows ur passport is officially considered expired 6 months before expiration date and ur not able to travel, makes absolutely no sense at all but u should know incase u want to travel

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 10:12 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
As long as emergency passport service is smooth then everything as smooth.
If there's is a force majeur for a whole country I don't think the emergency passport service will be that smooth and easy.

True. It’s not on purpose, but inevitably twice before a trip we realized one kids passport is about to expire. That is, I realized. Dh didn’t believe me until he checked the date. But my kids have two passports so worst case in an emergency they can use the other one.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 11:32 am
At birth.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics