Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Seeking highly recommended psychiatrist for teenage boy
Previous  1  2

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:35 am
BH5 wrote:
Anyone can recommend someone who is seeing patients in person? Dont feel like zoom would be good especially when meeting for the first time.
Also, guess I had to be more specific about age bc some of the names given only see 17 or 18 and up..im looking for someone who sees a 13-15 year old.
Thanks in advance

Dr Hizami saw my daughter when she was 15. He diagnosed her accurately and got her stable very quickly.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:07 am
I’ve been seeing dr stein with my two kids for a few years. We’ve been very happy with him. He has been Zoom since Covid. I can’t say I love it but we really accomplish the same things. I don’t know how it would be as a first time meeting though…

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 8:36 am
I am also looking for the same. Could you let us know op if you found a good psychiatrist?
Dr helana rothbort was highly recommended, but she is not available until the summer and we cant wait until then. Anyone has experience with dr eve sullivan or batsheva saidi who work with her and are available sooner?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:05 am
OP here...I have not found anyone yet. Most of the top psychiatrists are only available through zoom which I am wary of doing especially for the eval.
I also called Dr Rothbart, told me first available is end of April. Was also interested if anyone here used Dr Sullivan...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 6:12 pm
Anyone have experience with Dr Jonathan Lauter in nyc?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have experience with Dr Jonathan Lauter in nyc?

Did you use him? Found someone else?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:46 pm
Op, please do update us. I am looking for a psychiatrist to properly evaluate my 17 year old son (finally). We are in New Jersey but can travel to NY.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:50 pm
I ended up using dr rothbart and dr sullivan

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
I ended up using dr rothbart and dr sullivan

How come you used both? How was Dr Sullivan? Is Dr Rothbord as great as people say she is?
Any specific reason you didn't use Dr lauter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:57 pm
We preferred not to go to nyc and since dr rothbart had more reccomendations anyway we went there.
I was looking for 2 of my kids. The one that had a more difficult case we went to dr rothbart and the kids who was simpler we went to dr sullivan.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 3:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
We preferred not to go to nyc and since dr rothbart had more reccomendations anyway we went there.
I was looking for 2 of my kids. The one that had a more difficult case we went to dr rothbart and the kids who was simpler we went to dr sullivan.

Thanks for explaining.
Do you mind saying what kind of issues the "simpler" kid had? Is he/she also a teen? What Dr Sullivan is like, personality wise? Are you happy with her?
Also, did the staff give you a hard time making an appt with Dr Rothbord?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 3:38 pm
The simpler one was simple bc we knew that it was prob adhd we just needed someone to confirm and medicate. The other one had deeper issues that we werent sure what it was. It could be dr sullivan wouldve been fine for that one too, its hard to tell.

Both doctors were very nice. We had to wait much longer for our appt with dr rothbart( maybe a month or 2) while dr sullivan we got an appt much quicker

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 1:04 pm
Do you have a contact number for Dr. Sullivan?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 1:30 pm
Had a very bad experience with Sullivan. Worthless imo. Gave dd adhd drug and antidepressant after meeting her for an hour and guess what- I’m the op who is searching for inpatient or amazing psychiatrist because my dd is suffering from mental Illness that we don’t know what it is (identical symptoms she had last year when we saw dr Sullivan)

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 2:33 pm
Thanks, OP.
So sorry, Chocolate. Hope your daughter gets the right treatment and shaliach and gets well very soon!

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 2:34 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Do you have a contact number for Dr. Sullivan?

She works in Dr Rothbord's office
+15165061900

cnc

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 4:15 pm
Dr. Rotbart and Dr. Barry Holzer
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)