Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Smoking

yrb

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 7:49 pm
Hi,
Hubby is a heavy heavy smoker. He can go through 2 packs a day. Any ideas or advice on how I can encourage him to quit smoking?

thornyrose

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 8:39 pm
You probably can't, the same way he can't make you lose weight. It has to come from him.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 8:45 pm
Quite honestly? Other than denying him relations or actually leaving him until he quits, nothing. Your dh already knows how bad it is for his health, how expensive it is, how repulsive it is to those around him, what a bad example it is for your children if you have any, and all that. He's heard all the scary stories, seen the pictures of smokers' lungs and cancerous tongues, known people who died of lung cancer, yada yada yada. This is one of those things that has to come from within the person himself. Once he makes the decision to quit, then you can discuss hypnotism, psychotherapy, nicotine patches, nicotine gum, cinnamon sticks and all the other tools people use to help them quit.

Persevere

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 8:55 pm
yrb wrote:
Hi,
Hubby is a heavy heavy smoker. He can go through 2 packs a day. Any ideas or advice on how I can encourage him to quit smoking?

That's really a challenge, not an easy situation for you. Has he ever expressed interest in quitting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics