Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Car/ flight games

Justlookup

Post Sat, Oct 29 2022, 9:29 pm
Looking for ideas (and instructions) for games we could play in the car/on flight, similar to 20 questions where you ask questions until you figure out who the person is...
Any other good ideas?

Justlookup

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 5:43 am
Bumping for morning crowd...

happytobemom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 12:59 pm
Geography - someone starts with a name of a place (but really can use for any category - first names, last names, names of... anything), next person says name that starts with the last letter

ABC game - start with A and everyone find each letter in order outside the car - on signs, license plates etc.

License plate sentences - choose a license plate from on the road and make up a sentence that makes sense with the letters/numbers. Ex. RAK45D - Russians are killing 45 dogs

Challenge name game - Someone says a first name, the next person says a last name of someone they know with that first name. The next person says a first name of someone they know with that last name. If they can't think of someone real, they can make it up, but someone else can "challenge" them. If the challenger was right and the person naming the name made it up, the one who made it up gets a C (then H, then A... to spell challenge). If the name was real, the challenger gets a C... First person to spell challenge is out.
(Hope that explanation made sense!)

This past summer I bought some magnetic travel games on amazon, great for 2 kids playing together in the car.

One summer I made my kids car activity books - I took a small 3-ring binder (like the half size) and put inside some plane white paper (cut to size) and 1 or 2 sheets of dry erase paper. (I had bought that from a crafts store years ago and never used it, had it in my house.)

On the inside cover of the binder I velcroed 8 crayons and 2 dry erase markers. (one side of sticky velcro on the crayon/marker, the other side of the sticky velcro on the binder.)

It was a great way for them to color in the car without losing crayons or paper! They loved the dry erase part. Keep tissues handy for erasing (and then find them all over the car floor!)

An idea I read somewhere but never did - Make templates of scenes for kids to color in - like a sky and ground, or shape of body, a maze or hangman board, or just a big circle square. Put into sheet protectors and the kids can fill in the picture with a dry erase marker. (I think it actually said to cut into squares and put them into a clear cd case, then color on the case!)

Last edited by happytobemom on Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:00 pm
You should listen to Cabin Pressure. It was a British comedy radio show and the characters played such games all the time out of sheer boredom.

https://cabin-pressure.fandom......Games Oh excellent, there's a wiki.

happytobemom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:07 pm
Another memory - one year I made "I spy bottles" - I filled an empty bottle (20-24 oz.) with raw rice, and mixed in random small objects/toys. I put a list taped onto the bottle with what was inside, the kids had to shake the bottle and try to find all the objects. Ex. erasers in different shapes, pom pom, buttons, big googly eye, a small playstick (I think I picked up some little objects from a store that sells "prizes" - a small globe, a duck, maybe some other mini animals)...

Something else I bought this year, but you can probably make it yourself also - a scavenger hunt card game - made special for car rides. You give each kid 5 cards and they have to try to find each thing outside the car ex. a yellow/green/whatever interesting color car, a man with a hat, a convertible, a hotel, a fire hydrant, a yellow house, a motorcycle, a tow truck, a restaurant, a person walking a dog, a gas station...
Each time they find it, they call out the item and get a new card. When someone gets 10 items (that they found), they win! (Or make up whatever rules you want)

happytobemom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:34 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Take-N-.....ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/Take-N-.....ss_tl

There are more like these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

effess

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:45 pm
How old are your kids?
My kids love magnadoodles.
Etchasketch is fun

Justlookup

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 3:41 pm
Thank you so much for all your help. Happytobemom thanks for writing all that up!

happytobemom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 6:47 pm
Pleasure! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics