Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Mold on ceiling

StrongMomma

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 1:16 pm
I live in a basement apartment and my bathroom has no window.
We now have some mold on the ceiling. How do I got rid of it?

Thanks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 3:24 pm
Does the bathroom have an exhaust? if not, take some bleach and shmatta and wash the mold off. Always keep the bathroom door open when not in use.
Go to any store that will sell cleaning products and ask what is good to eliminate mold. But most probably it will return as the room does not have any ventilation.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 5:40 pm
Wear an N95 mask, if you can get one, when washing off the mold.You don't want to inhale any.

StrongMomma

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 7:33 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Does the bathroom have an exhaust? if not, take some bleach and shmatta and wash the mold off. Always keep the bathroom door open when not in use.
Go to any store that will sell cleaning products and ask what is good to eliminate mold. But most probably it will return as the room does not have any ventilation.

Thanks for your reply.

It does have an exhaust fan, but we don’t use it enough because it’s very loud and annoying.
We also try to keep the door shut as much as possible because it’s a small apartment and we have curious toddlers.
We’ll definitely have to focus more on letting it air out…

StrongMomma

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 7:34 pm
zaq wrote:
Wear an N95 mask, if you can get one, when washing off the mold.You don't want to inhale any.

Thanks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 2:51 am
StrongMomma wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

It does have an exhaust fan, but we don’t use it enough because it’s very loud and annoying.
We also try to keep the door shut as much as possible because it’s a small apartment and we have curious toddlers.
I know the exhausts can be loud and annoying. If you keep the exhaust on WHILE you are using the shower that can also help a lot. Maybe leave the door open when your kids are not at home or they are sleeping. If you are keeping the door closed all of the time, the warm moist air is not having any chance of drying up.

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 3:11 am
StrongMomma wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

We also have a curious toddler, and we have a bath gate on the bathroom, which I highly recommend.

StrongMomma

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 12:01 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
We also have a curious toddler, and we have a bath gate on the bathroom, which I highly recommend.

Would you be able to link an example of a bath gate?
Thanks!

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 12:10 pm
StrongMomma wrote:
Would you be able to link an example of a bath gate?
Thanks!

Autocorrect….. I meant baby gate.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 12:17 pm
You can get a different exhaust fan which is quieter.

I have the Panasonic Whisper and it is extremely quiet. Mine operates on ambient levels of moisture in the air so that it turns itself on and off based on how humid the bathroom is.

Of course an exhaust fan actually needs to be vented and it is possible that in a basement apartment there is really no vent to the exterior since the bathroom might not be up to Code which would have required an exterior vent just as a vent to the exterior is needed for a toilet.

You should ask your landlord about it because mold growing in a place isn't good for the apartment and it might cause real damage

StrongMomma

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 6:50 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
Autocorrect….. I meant baby gate.

Oh lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry