Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 98  99  100 102  103  104  Next

happytobemom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:52 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about how you navigated the shift from the years when you were a busy Mummy with young children, to middle age when your children are teens or married, b'H?

Anyone want to answer this one? I'd love to hear!
(I haven't gotten to that stage yet... Smile )

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:03 pm
simcha4, do you want to pose a new question? This one seems to be languishing here ...

happytobemom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:43 pm
Dearest Simcha4, I hope you don't mind if I post a new one...

Tell me about the first day of school

happytobemom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:30 pm
Tell me about Rain

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:32 pm
Rain and the water cycle is something that most people learn in very early elementary school, but probably don't always remember exactly or at least one would think that because of the internet

Tell me something that you still remember from early elementary school

GLUE

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:33 pm
singleagain wrote:
Rain and the water cycle is something that most people learn in very early elementary school, but probably don't always remember exactly or at least one would think that because of the internet

I still remember how to read

Tell me about pie

happytobemom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:37 pm
singleagain wrote:

I remember my part (1 line!) from my second grade play
I remember making raisins from grapes in Pre1A
I remember one of my younger grade teachers screaming at me in front of the class and telling me I belong in a crib Crying

Tell me about cookies

happytobemom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:38 pm
GLUE wrote:
I still remember how to read

Tell me about pie

Oops you beat me to it GLUE!

Pie reminds me of old time Americans.
And of Harold and the Purple Crayon - when he draws 9 kinds of pie, but they were all the kinds that he liked best!

Tell me about the country you live in

happytobemom

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 11:30 pm
Tell me about cookies

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 5:33 am
Cookies are delicious and it's really easy to eat a lot of them because you can convince yourself that it's less than a slice of cake, which is something that someone said in my yearbook once. I just always stuck with me that she likes it when people bring in cookies for birthdays instead of cake because you can eat several cookies and still feel like you're having less calories than a slice of cake, even though that's probably not true

Tell me about your ideal vacation

happytobemom

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 12:44 am
singleagain wrote:

Tell me about your ideal vacation

Somewhere quiet, beautiful scenery, all by myself!

Tell me about a place you like to be

a2z

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 2:59 am
happytobemom wrote:
Somewhere quiet, beautiful scenery, all by myself!

Tell me about a place you like to be

In my bed but with nobody smushing me

Tell me about kids that love preschool but aren't feeling good so they can't go

happytobemom

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 10:37 pm
a2z wrote:
In my bed but with nobody smushing me

Tell me about kids that love preschool but aren't feeling good so they can't go

So sad for them! And so hard to explain - sometimes they feel like they're being punished, like why won't you let me go to Morah!

Tell me about waiting...

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:26 am
happytobemom wrote:

Tell me about waiting...

I used to hate waiting in line but now I use the time to mediate or go someplace good in my imagination. Waiting then becomes a good opportunity to relax and breathe.

Tell me about your childhood room.

GLUE

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:08 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
I used to hate waiting in line but now I use the time to mediate or go someplace good in my imagination. Waiting then becomes a good opportunity to relax and breathe.

Tell me about your childhood room.

I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment, my parents split the big room into two. They put up a real wall down the middle. You walked through the boys side to get to the girls side.

Tell me about water

singleagain

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 7:06 am
Water is a very good drink. And everyone should really drink more

Tell me about the last dream you remember

happytobemom

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:58 pm
singleagain wrote:
Water is a very good drink. And everyone should really drink more

Tell me about the last dream you remember

Spent a lot of time last night waking up, feeling awful, and going back to sleep, so I had many dreams, I don't even remember at what point I was sleeping and when I was awake!
Alternated between something terrible happening to someone in my family Sad and visiting a close friend who lives far away Smile and planning what to name my next (as of yet non-existent) child! Very Happy

Tell me about naming babies

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 6:00 pm
happytobemom wrote:

Tell me about naming babies

We always discussed names only after the baby was born. That's not to say I didn't have ideas bouncing around my mind beforehand ... All of our children are named after relatives, Baruch Hashem. I find that very meaningful (and once the kids are old enough, we always talk to them about the person they are named after). We have been privileged to name after different sides of both families. We have two children named after bubbies who only had Yiddish names. Since we both feel strongly that every child should have a Hebrew name (especially since we live in Israel), we thought hard about how to translate (and gave the Yiddish name as a middle name after the Hebrew translation). In both cases we took inspiration from the Parsha or Haftarah. That made the names even more meaningful ...

Tell me about a grandparent of yours.

happytobemom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:31 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
We always discussed names only after the baby was born. That's not to say I didn't have ideas bouncing around my mind beforehand ... All of our children are named after relatives, Baruch Hashem. I find that very meaningful (and once the kids are old enough, we always talk to them about the person they are named after). We have been privileged to name after different sides of both families. We have two children named after bubbies who only had Yiddish names. Since we both feel strongly that every child should have a Hebrew name (especially since we live in Israel), we thought hard about how to translate (and gave the Yiddish name as a middle name after the Hebrew translation). In both cases we took inspiration from the Parsha or Haftarah. That made the names even more meaningful ...

Tell me about a grandparent of yours.

So beautiful! I always love hearing about names, about who children have been named for... Smile

My grandfather ע"ה was a most happy, positive man. He went through a lot of hardships in his life, but he was always so thankful to Hashem for all the good in his life. He sacrificed so much for the sake of his family's Yiddishkeit. He was quiet, unassuming, but always had a smile for everyone! I'll never forget hearing him tell my grandmother שתחי' how well raised he thought my children were. It made him so happy when I named my daughter for his mother. He was niftar in his nineties, he loved to talk about his age- he was so grateful that Hashem granted him אריכות ימים! He and my grandmother had the most amazing, beautiful relationship - until his last day, they did everything together, they took care of each other, they loved just spending time together!

Tell me about your place in your family (siblings)

happytobemom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:29 am
Tell me about Chanukah
Page 99 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 98  99  100 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics