Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I didn’t take my birth control pill last night

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:17 pm
I completely forgot to ask a rav about it. My time I usually take the mini pill is late at night. I realized last night when getting ready for bed that I didn’t think I can take it. Did you ask? What did you do?

Dandelion21

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:21 pm
I took it right before the fast and the minute the fast was over. If u missed a pill take 2 today

Whrnbsn

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:37 pm
I was told by my rov a few years ago to take it vaginally on Yom Kippur…have done that the last 2 years
Since you missed the pill, use backup for the next few days (ie spermicide)

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:54 pm
I remembered this morning that I’d forgotten to ask about my synthroid. So I took it with a tiny drop of water. I figured it was way less than a shiur

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:55 pm
Whrnbsn wrote:
I was told by my rov a few years ago to take it vaginally on Yom Kippur…have done that the last 2 years
Since you missed the pill, use backup for the next few days (ie spermicide)

Seriously???I hope you asked your Dr about that. That doesn't sound normal. Pills meant to be used orally cant just randomly be put in whatever body opening you feel like sticking them into Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:59 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Seriously???I hope you asked your Dr about that. That doesn't sound normal. Pills meant to be used orally cant just randomly be put in whatever body opening you feel like sticking them into Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Why? I was prescribed progesterone for pregnancy and the label said to take orally but dr said to take vaginally instead.

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:59 pm
I take it usually before bed so I just took it right before licht bentching last night. And will be back to normal tonight. We arent doing anything tonight to be worried about coverage. Way too sick post fast...

And inserting it in other openings doesnt exactly work... why not your nose or ear then?

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:02 pm
Can't Believe It Minipill = progesterone
The same progesterone that doctors instruct you to take vaginally while pregnant
So why wouldn’t it work vaginally if you’re using it as bc?

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:08 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Can't Believe It Minipill = progesterone
The same progesterone that doctors instruct you to take vaginally while pregnant
So why wouldn’t it work vaginally if you’re using it as bc?

The coating etc is made for oral vs vaginal insertion. It wont break down in the body the same way. Many times it needs the stomach acid to dissolve.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:23 pm
Maybe next time DC has an ear infection, I should stick the amoxicillin down their ear.

You don't make sense.

You can't randomly decide how and where to put your medication.

OMG
I'm shocked your rav told you to do that. It doesn't work that way Banging head

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:25 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Why? I was prescribed progesterone for pregnancy and the label said to take orally but dr said to take vaginally instead.

But it doesn’t get absorbed the same way and may not work as BC

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:26 pm
Just take 2 tonight.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:32 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I remembered this morning that I’d forgotten to ask about my synthroid. So I took it with a tiny drop of water. I figured it was way less than a shiur

I've been skipping my thyroid pill on yk for 35 years and I'm BH still healthy.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 11:15 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I've been skipping my thyroid pill on yk for 35 years and I'm BH still healthy.
Oh good … I was worried about my fetus not me but still good to know

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:36 pm
For the future
https://www.instagram.com/reel.....kMjY=

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:56 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
For the future
https://www.instagram.com/reel.....kMjY=

She gives medical advice and she’s not a doctor. About taking an extra pill before the fast. How does she even know that this works? I’d never follow birth control advice unless it came from an OBGYN

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:59 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
She gives medical advice and she’s not a doctor. About taking an extra pill before the fast. How does she even know that this works? I’d never follow birth control advice unless it came from an OBGYN

LOL LOL

Did you even check out her profile?
She is definitely a doctor!
She is actually an OBGYN!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note