Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Tell me about Ohr Shraga-Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 11:56 am
Can you tell me about the school? What's the parent body like? What schools is it most similar to?

I didn't apply there but now thinking maybe I should have. I know prob too late to apply now but just curious about it anyway.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 12:40 pm
I called in the beginning of the week and they said they aren’t accepting applications anymore Sad

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 12:53 pm
I know my sibling applied there last year, along with Even Yisrael. (They applied to a 3rd choice but ended up cancelling their application.) My sibling liked aspects of both schools (Ohr Shraga and Even Yisrael) but was told that Ohr Shraga was very full, though they were offered an interview (and possibly could have gotten in in the end.) Our family has pull in Even Yisrael, they were accepted, and decided to just go with it. (the location also works better for them.)

I think Ohr Shraga might be a bit more yeshivish. Both schools are frum, solid, yeshiva-oriented crowd.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 2:47 pm
I send, def mostly yeshivish crowd (ironically, I'm not) but as it got bigger, there are more trendy yeshivish and also more simple.
Phenomenal rebbeim.
Unfortunately, they closed registration after one day because they had over 150 applicants by then. Rn you need pull to even get an application.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Oct 28 2022, 3:38 pm
amother Red wrote:
I send, def mostly yeshivish crowd (ironically, I'm not) but as it got bigger, there are more trendy yeshivish and also more simple.
Phenomenal rebbeim.
Unfortunately, they closed registration after one day because they had over 150 applicants by then. Rn you need pull to even get an application.

This year specifically Bec of the large amount of applications, they were beyond picky To accept only very very yeshivish. Pull didn’t help much if you weren’t the right type

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 9:29 pm
It sounds nice. I may have been able to get it but I didn't apply. Didn't think of that option until too late. I guess it wasn't the place for us.
Thanx for the information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries