Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
From Medicaid, NY to Jersey Family Care?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 8:46 am
We would like to move to NJ, but we currently have Blue Cross via Medicaid in NY and I am concerned that we would lose coverage once we move to NJ.

* What's the process like to switch from having Medicaid in NY to being eligible for Jersey Family Care? is it harder to qualify for Jersey Care than it is to qualify for managed care insurances via Medicaid in NY? IN other words, even though we qualify in NY, is it possible for us not to qualify in NJ? Is the income threshold lower in NJ in order to qualify?

* In NY, there are several community agencies like COJO, Nachas etc that help with the application process. Is there a similar thing in NJ?

* Would there be a gap in coverage while I switch over?

* Are there good doctors accepting Jersey Care? Currently, we see some top doctors both in Brooklyn and in the City. Would Manhattan doctors who are affiliated with some of the main hospitals (NYU, Columbia etc)in the City accept Jersey Care insurance?

* If you recently moved and made the switch, what was your experience like, and are you happy you did it?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 9:27 am
Following

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 9:46 am
I’m confused by your question. Jersey care is Medicaid in NJ.

There’s no out of state coverage.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 9:49 am
amother OP wrote:
We would like to move to NJ, but we currently have Blue Cross via Medicaid and I am concerned that we would lose coverage once we move to NJ.

* What's the process like to switch from medicaid to Jersey Care? is it harder to qualify for Jersey Care than it is to qualify for managed care insurances via medicaid?

* Would there be a gap in coverage while I switch over?

* Are there good doctors accepting Jersey Care? Currently, we see some top doctors both in Brooklyn and in the City. Would Manhattan doctors who are affiliated with some of the main hospitals (NYU, Columbia etc)in the City accept Jersey Care insurance?

* If you recently moved and made the switch, what was your experience like, and are you happy you did it?

Jersey Care is medicaid... in NJ. You should edit your post to say you are on medicaid in NY so ppl can understand your question.

- You can check the income guidelines here: https://njfamilycare.dhs.state......aspx

- Manhattan doctors are not affiliated with NJ Medicaid plans.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 10:01 am
In NJ it is called Medicaid. Or NJ Family Care.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:41 am
And as a general rule imo, there are not a lot of good doctors in NJ. And the ones that are good rarely take medicaid.
NY has great hospitals, and hospitals take medicaid. NJ doesn't have the same caliber of hospitals, and so the good doctors don't work here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics