Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I'm asking because... (s/o shidduch questions)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Tof Umachol

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:38 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:

Where does her Alter Bubbie get her shaital?

I'm asking because I have been very disappointed with my shaitel-macher recently, and I would love to get a recommendation from someone with many years' experience in buying (and wearing) shaitels. Also, I assume the alter-bubbie will be moving in with the young couple as soon as they get married, so I want to make sure she will still be able to get her shaitels conveniently.

Does she have perfect penmanship?

Surrendered

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 3:38 pm
So that when she writes him Love notes, he should be able to read it fluently...

Does she wear makeup?

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:37 am
Surrendered wrote:

Does she wear makeup?

I'm only asking because I market makeup, so if she were to become my DIL, she'd be set, as far as makeup is concerned.

Did she get above-average grades at school?

Amaranth

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:44 pm
I'm asking because I don't want to feel silly around her.

Did she ever stroke a horse?

chayarg

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:59 pm
I'm not chas vesholem asking to enquire if she knows how to massage or give over love I'm just asking because he's ocd and cannot take even the thought of an animal or even fur clothing.
Did she ever drink goat milk direct from the source?

Amaranth

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 4:09 pm
I'm asking because it's a segula for Sholom bayis. If she hasn't already, she'll have to make sure to drink that milk from a goat before she can even meet him. We do this with every daughter-in-law and BH none have divorced so it for sure works!

Did she ever win a race?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:55 pm
Amaranth wrote:

Did she ever win a race?

I'm asking because the way we get our kids to behave and help around the house is with races and contests. "Let's see who's in pajamas first!" "Who can clear the most plates off the table in one minute?" "Who will be the first to get their bag of groceries up the stairs?" and my son has never grown out of it. He will want to race his wife to the shower ... race her to the car ... race her to the Shabbos table ... race to see who can finish washing their sinkful of dishes first ... I hope she's prepared.

Did she ever have braces on her teeth?

cheese1

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 8:51 am
I am asking because in today's economy it saves a lot of money (almost like doing a gelt shidduch) if I know that they have genetically straight teeth and the kids won't need braces.

Is the girl the type to let her kids watch Walt Disney movies on:
a. chol hamoed
b. always
b. never

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 8:56 am
cheese1 wrote:
I am asking because in today's economy it saves a lot of money (almost like doing a gelt shidduch) if I know that they have genetically straight teeth and the kids won't need braces.

Is the girl the type to let her kids watch Walt Disney movies on:
a. chol hamoed
b. always
b. never

I'm asking because we have never allowed movies in our home. Who kows what bad middos you can pick up from the characters?

Would you describe her more like bubbly seltzer or calm smooth water?
(not kidding! I just got asked this yesterday)

unnamed

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:29 am
I’m asking because I know my son fancies bubbly seltzer

Does he work out frequently?

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 2:43 pm
unnamed wrote:

Does he work out frequently?

I'm only asking because it's our minhag for men to toivel every erev Shabbos, and our men's mikve has a policy that only men with a six-pack can toivel. What can I say? We have high standards.

Does she knit?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 2:59 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
I'm only asking because it's our minhag for men to toivel every erev Shabbos, and our men's mikve has a policy that only men with a six-pack can toivel. What can I say? We have high standards.

Does she knit?

I'm only asking because he is out very late most nights between work and learning, but I usually stay up for him to greet him whenever it is he comes home, so it would be good for her to have something to keep herself entertained while waiting for him, because I want that for him too.

Also, you'll be living in our apartment building, and we control the heat, so I suggest you supplement that with more scarves and caps.

Does she like planning chol hamoed trips or just staying home?

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 3:14 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I'm only asking because he is out very late most nights between work and learning, but I usually stay up for him to greet him whenever it is he comes home, so it would be good for her to have something to keep herself entertained while waiting for him, because I want that for him too.

Also, you'll be living in our apartment building, and we control the heat, so I suggest you supplement that with more scarves and caps.

Does she like planning chol hamoed trips or just staying home?

Not that it matters to me. I only care about her middos and such...

Just my son sometimes has a touch of hayfever, and I wouldn't Chas V'sholom want him to have less simchas yom tov 'cos he had to take the kids out, and would be sneezing and rubbing his eyes for days- if it's CH pesach and the beginning of spring.

By us the men stay home to eat a huge brunch, learn a bit and take it easy. We believe Chol Hamoed was created for that. So it's important that my DILs are happy to support this by taking charge of the kid's entertainment. The men can't sleep with the squealing kids around, you see. Esp my kids who are incredibly light sleepers.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 3:27 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:

Would you describe her more like bubbly seltzer or calm smooth water?
(not kidding! I just got asked this yesterday)

I'd feel like this is a test question and wouldn't know which is the "correct" answer. Help! Which one do they want to hear?

Bubbly, sociable personality vs calm, can't be fazed personality.

GLUE

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 9:35 pm
Does he wear slip-on shoes or laces?

my mama

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 10:43 pm
GLUE wrote:
Does he wear slip-on shoes or laces?

I'm asking because my husband has linonophobia (fear of shoelaces) and we don't want to scare him.

Does she have any freckles?

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 10:54 pm
I am just asking because we hold that men should not look into a mirror, and he might mistaken his freckle for a speck of dirt, and might be by the mirror for too long trying to scratch it off.

Did he see a romantic relationship between his parents or a more business like?

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:07 am
I’m asking because I think any relationship is overrated and I tried to impart that value to my children.

Would he wear sunglasses indoors?

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:13 am
I am asking because my daughter is so holy that she has a "lechtige tzirah" with her face shining so bright, that I don't want him to get blinded.

Could she gallop well?

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:18 am
I’m asking because only a true girl who runs b’zrizus to greet my darling boy will deserve him. In fact, I’m going o find out where she lives and watch how she walks. It’s important for their (potential) future relationship.

Does she brush the top teeth first or the bottom?
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics