Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Sukkos magazines
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 7:26 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
About Rabbi Juravel the kashrus mashgiach and authority

That was awesome!
Tnx

devoh

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 7:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
About Rabbi Juravel the kashrus mashgiach and authority

It was a. Great article

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:14 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
The amount of content in Mishpacha is actually crazy. I read it over YK and Shabbos and I'm still not done and I'm not a slow reader. Huuuuge articles. Safier's article could be a small book on its own. So yea, there are ad's but actually not as many as usual and the amount of content is literally insane.
I found that to be true for the Binah magazine. Not that much ads vs. the amount of reading provided.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sat, Nov 05 2022, 7:08 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
That was awesome!
Tnx

Omg! I'll have to check it out, pretty sure I used to work with your dad then in the kashrus office Smile if it's the same person he is so kind and lightened up the whole office with his personality and sense of humor! Also he was willing to answer all of my questions and took me seriously.

newinbp

Post Sat, Nov 05 2022, 7:11 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Omg the ami living sukkos edition. One depressing stressful article after the next. No! When I sit down to relax on yom tov I do NOT! Want to read about homebirth gone wrong. ALS. A helicopter crash victim. Another medical Saga. And more and more. I threw it down and disgust. All us women are stressed and exhausted and want uplifting and positive reading material when we have some downtime.

I agree %10000 and this is why I mostly abstain from buying the Ami anymore unfortunately. But even with that being said this sukkos edition took the cake in this regard, also holocaust articles, etc. Truly not creating simcha. Important issues don't get me wrong, just not for chag simchaseinu in my opinion. A guest picked it up and also commented how intense it was and she'd rather read something lighter.

newinbp

Post Sat, Nov 05 2022, 7:14 pm
Not a weekly customer of mishpacha or Ami, tho historically we have enjoyed the Ami more overall. I have to say what stood out for me this Sukkos was the literature additions, those small collections called Calligraphy, etc., they both had one. They were both good, but I was truly blown away by the writing in the supplement from Mishpacha. Amis was also good, but I was very, very impressed with the writing and topics in the supplement from Mishpacha. Way to go! I would consider buying both Yom tov editions or possibly just the Mishpacha one just for that publication going forward iyh even tho costly.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room