Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fatigue slow moving low energy klutzing - overweight

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:38 am
until I lose weight what can I do about this?
so embarrassing and discouraging to drag myself around which leads to more overeating

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:08 am
I suggest you start by just walking a little more then you do now.

eta.
and general bloodwork. I ended up being enemic.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:12 am
Thyroid disorder
Do a full workup and get your own results

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:21 am
Firstly, do you get enough sleep?

Beyond that, can you try cutting out carbs for a while? I found that carbs shlep me down terribly. It might help you. Also, drink tons of water and eat fresh fruit and veggies.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:22 am
You can also start strength training doing simple exercises at home. Once you build some muscle, it will get easier to move around.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:29 am
May I point out that I’m the same way and I’m NOT overweight? I’d get yourself screened for physical causes as well as ruling out mild depression.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:17 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Thyroid disorder
Do a full workup and get your own results

And make sure that not just TSH was done but the hormones T3 and T4. You want to get them done somewhere where you'll have ready and complete access through a portal. As opposed to having the receptionist call you and say they were normal. When it's very possible that only TSH was done and that the doctor uses outdated norms.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:51 am
I didn’t start exercising until I’d lost 90 pounds already. I found that what I ate had an enormous effect on my energy levels.

I’m still very overweight but also at 55. I do 12 hour shifts for clinical nursing experience ( oh yeah, I started nursing school at 54 too) at a hospital at my twenty year old colleagues are groaning and aching at the end of the day. Clearly something is working for me, and it’s not my size.

Also I do have hypothyroid which is being treated although not perfectly ( according to labs) and I still have more energy than they do. I’m fifty five. They’re twenty. I eat WELL( non inflammatory, low carb, food I cook myself).

They eat garbage. They’re thinner. ALOT thinner. But I’m the one who’s got energy to go home and cook Shabbat after 12 hour shifts plus commute.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:56 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Firstly, do you get enough sleep?

Beyond that, can you try cutting out carbs for a while? I found that carbs shlep me down terribly. It might help you. Also, drink tons of water and eat fresh fruit and veggies.

Carbs also cause bloating and water retention so avoiding can make you feel better quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise