Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Star Havah's Update on Her Mother

Starhavah

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 11:48 pm
Just 'cause I know some of you are still davening for my Mom, I wanted to pass along an update. This morning my Dad and Mom agreed that my dad can no longer care for my mother at home and she needs to move to a hospice. Then her blood pressure dropped and she became very weak. My dad took her to the hospital and she was admitted. They are looking for a hospice in the St Pete, Tampa area. If you have recomendations positive or negative please PM me, I want to make sure she gets into a good place. In any case, I am going to visit the weekend before Shavuos. I hope I will be able to stay at the hospice for Shabbat. I do not know if they will allow that sort of thing.

I think/hope having my mother out of the house will be a good thing for both of them. My mom has been falling at night since she is unstable on her feet now, and my father can't get her back into bed on his own.

The doctor's say she has a few months left, so it only up to us and davening for them. Her recovery is totally in the hands of HaShem now. I mean it always was but before HaShem was working from the the possible in the physical world, now it is in the realm of a miracle.

I am in the stage of depressed acceptance. I know HaShem is doing this for a reason, I just don't get it. At least, when my mom does go she will be with her parents who only passed away a few years ago (no one in the family is yet named for my mother's father). I know she misses them a lot. I miss them a lot.

In some ways this is the hardest stage, just hearing my dad talk about how she is deteriorating every day - knowing that the only thing I can do is pray and HKBH does seem to want to answer this prayer the way I want. Crying

Star havah

tovasmom

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 12:22 am
May Hash-m give you the strength to support your parents and do what you have to do in this difficult time. Sad

GAMZu

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 12:25 am
Oy, Starhava, I don't know what to say. Sad

chavamom

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 12:25 am
I'm so sorry. My dh lost a brother to a brain tumor a few years ago and I can relate to that "depressed acceptance" feeling. It's really tough.

mumoo

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:04 am
I also don't know what to say. I'm so sorry, Star. May the time you do share be the most fulfilling and meaningful.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 8:56 am
starhavah - never easy to be in this situation ... stay strong and know how good it is that you are there for her ... we are here for you and will continue prayers that Hashem will take care ... my heart goes out to you
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Clarissa

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 9:04 am
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

LibraMommy

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 10:22 am
I am so sorry. Sad

ChossidMom

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 10:26 am
Hugs from me. Crying

Starhavah

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 10:16 am
Hello Ima Mothers!

I just got back last night from a weekend with my mom in Florida. She is sooo much better. She is physically way stronger and hardly ever wobbles when she walks. She did not fall once the entire weekend! YAY! Sunny And to make it even better, she knew who I was the entire weekend. Very Happy So what if she doesn't know that 25 is twenty-five! (My father still sees her as really disabled because her cognitive capacities are still lacking. Banging head ) Who cares!! She is still my mom and her personality shines through. I am soo much happier. The doctors have all but given up on her so all of this refuah is soley due to HaShem!! Which we (on this board) always knew that it was, but this way others can see the miracle too.

Yahoo!!!

Star Havah

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 10:27 am
boruch Hashem ... she should only get stronger and stronger !!!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 10:32 am
I'm so happy...I've been thinking of her and davening and giving tzedaka...thank you for the update...may she only get better and better, to dance with the coming of Moshiach!!

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 10:33 am
Crayon210 wrote:
I'm so happy...I've been thinking of her and davening and giving tzedaka...thank you for the update...may she only get better and better, to dance with the coming of Moshiach!!

Amein!!!

Happy to hear YOU are in a better headspace as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed