Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Timely- dahill mikvah
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 9:51 am
Do I need to bring my own towals and robe to toivel today? How does it work?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 10:05 am
You need your own robe. They provide towels. Just wear a zip up robe that you feel comfortable wearing with nothing underneath and you'll be waiting in line with others.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 10:11 am
They say it’s 30$. Do they take CC?

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:55 pm
You need to bring your own robe?
Also do they check you? And If so are they strict. I’m not from the area.

bsy

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:13 pm
amother Peru wrote:

Seems like that was for erev yom kippur. I'm sure you don't need your own robe

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:01 pm
No you don’t need to bring anything. They provide everything lavishly.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:03 pm
amother Peru wrote:

Yes, very.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:06 pm
amother Peru wrote:

It's beautiful there. Really nice and calm.
Yes they check. I never tried declining but tell them your not from here. They check the same as the other Boro park mikva.

happy12

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:56 pm
They check. I cut my nails on Friday for motzei shabbos and the lady said they were not short enough.(only had one day growth).
A different time the lady was not happy that I cut one toenail straight across, not rounded as it gets ingrown a lot. I told her my rav who is very choshuv said I can. She said that's not the rav of the mikva and I should cut it more. I told this is why I dont ho to you, I only came tonight because 47 street had no hot water, just let me dip this time and I wont be coming again so quick.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:29 pm
Yes I find them to be very strict.
Which is a shame. It's a beautiful place. But the ML are way too strict. I hate it. I am an adult and I can make sure my nails are good. Everytime it's something else....

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:59 pm
For this reason I won't go there.. I don't care how fancy and luxurious it is. If they are strict and insist on checking, im not going.

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:01 pm
I personally am very happy with the dahill mikvah. Ive been to other mikvahs in bp and flatbush and still like dahill the best. Ive found the mikvah ladies there to be very nice and not pushy. Also they give you all the time u need.

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:13 pm
I’ve found them to be just as strict as any other bp Mikva only way nicer .and yea you have all the time plus ultra clean rooms, I used to find hairs in the tub but not in satmar on dahil.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:12 pm
They're very strict and don't care if your Rav says differently than what they hold. They won't let you dip unless you comply. And they won't let you bypass the checking. I left in tears. It was not a good experience. I stupidly tried it again thinking it was the specific ML I had. Nope.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:17 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
They're very strict and don't care if your Rav says differently than what they hold. They won't let you dip unless you comply. And they won't let you bypass the checking. I left in tears. It was not a good experience. I stupidly tried it again thinking it was the specific ML I had. Nope.

Why do they insist on checking??? Obviously it's not halacha if other mikvahs don't check. I don't understand why they have to check and make me crazy.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 11:26 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Why do they insist on checking??? Obviously it's not halacha if other mikvahs don't check. I don't understand why they have to check and make me crazy.

I feel the same way.

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 1:55 am
amother Zinnia wrote:

Same experience. One of them was with nails too. I ain't going back there.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:11 pm
do you need to make an appointment at this mikvah?

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:24 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
do you need to make an appointment at this mikvah?

Nope. No appointment needed.

I've been married 7 years now. And went every month for many of those years.
I've cried so many times after using the community ones. I am so so much happier at Dahill.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Nope. No appointment needed.

I've been married 7 years now. And went every month for many of those years.
I've cried so many times after using the community ones. I am so so much happier at Dahill.

And 2x I had an horrendous experience. Once with the ML not knowing the very basic halacha. I almost ran out of there crying untill she finally let me dip. Nothing having to do with chumra, satmar or whatever. The basic halacha she didn't know and she was yelling at me that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur