Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
What would you do if you win the lottery
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:43 am
Help some of my siblings and siblings-in-law with houses/mortgages.
Help local schools with buildings/renovations. Education interests me very much.

Alternative

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:45 am
Hatemywig wrote:
Change my name, phone number, address and face.

Is the winner’s name made public? In Israel it remains a secret.

leah233

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:46 am
I would try very hard not spend any of it for a entire year to have time to think and plan to make sure then when I do start using the money I do so responsibly. There are too many horror stories about people who won lotteries and it ended up ruining their lives.

English3

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:50 am
I would sort out my teeth first. Buy a beautiful mansion, hire a staff. Leave the rest for DH to figure out. Give tzedaka and put money away for fam and kids

momX4

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:53 am
Hire a financial advisor and set up a trust. I would also quit my job.

Dh and I have over 15 siblings together. I would love to give then something. Some are struggling and owning a home would enable them to be more financially stable.

I would move. My neighborhood is awful. We fit better in a different neighborhood, but dh is concerned about moving there and sticking out. Being financially stable, we won't be concerned how others perceive us.

I would love to own an appointment in Yerushalaim and dh would love to own something in Miami.

And every driver in my family would have their own vehicle.

#doesntCostAnythingToDream

Alternative

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:57 am
That kind of sum requires professionals.
For a sum like 10 or 20 million, I would give each of my kids a serious downpayment. Would also buy them each a house, but I would only give them the house ten yrs down the line. Not good to have everything handed to you so fast at a young age.
I wouldn’t tell anyone I won, not even my kids, at least not until I give them their houses in a decade.
Would quit my job and buy several investment properties and live off the rent money.
Would renovate and refurnish and travel - but would try as much as possible to live off interest/rental income.
I would also help my siblings in a very significant way.

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 10:14 pm
Buy the house next door or in back of me so I have space for guest. Fund a girls school and cheder. Travel. Invest for the future.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 2:06 am
leah233 wrote:
I would try very hard not spend any of it for a entire year to have time to think and plan to make sure then when I do start using the money I do so responsibly. There are too many horror stories about people who won lotteries and it ended up ruining their lives.

That's why I always say that if I ever win the lottery, I'm going with the multiple payments over several years option, as opposed to the lump sum. I figure I'm going to splurge and make mistakes for the first year or two, and if I have another 20 or so years worth of payments, at least I'll have room for a learning curve. If it was a lump sum, I'd worry about messing it up and kicking myself 10 years down the line.

(LOL, not that I expect to have those problems, but no harm in thinking these things through, just in case Wink )

Living Princess

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 5:08 am
Pay off all our debts. Buy a nice apt in Yerushalayim and move there. Give each of my kids 1 million. Give all the school my kids go to big donations. Set up a Tzeddaka fund. Live normally just be able to travel for family Simchas.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 5:25 am
Buy a big house with guest suites.
Get a full time housekeeper.
Pay back all the tuition we 'owe' to our kids schools, (ie they gave us reduced tuition) and pay full tuition plus going forward.
I don't think I would buy a second home but would probably travel a lot and enjoy excellent hotels.
Depending on amount, give money to kids, parents, siblings.

weasley

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 8:08 am
• Pay off all the money that we owe
• Buy a house
•Buy a holiday house and rent it free to family's who cant afford to go away
•Open a shoe store for family's struggling financially with an option of time slots for anonymity
• help my siblings buy a house
•Buy houses for each of my kids, rent it out with the proceeds going into their savings account.
• LOTS of tzedoka my most important thing would be to never forget what the struggle feels like and to keep helping those that are still in that place.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics