Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Son bumped his head and doesn't remember what happened after

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:29 am
My son bumped his head in school and can't remember what happened or how he got to the school office afterwards.
They called us to pick him up.
Does it need to get checked out???

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:31 am
I would take him to the emergency room ASAP.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:32 am
To clarify - his memory is okay now (an hour later). He just doesn't remember the events from right after he bumped himself.

momX4

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:34 am
Take him to the dr. He needs to be checked out. Your dr will provide you with instructions on how to watch him.

Don't let him nap at all until you see the dr

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:53 am
Please take him to be checked asap.

My son had this last year. He didn’t remember what happened. The teacher checked school cameras after the recess monitor found him on the floor and sent us a message to monitor him. Hours later he threw up. The doctor sent hatzala. He had a concussion and was brought to the ER. BH he was released later that night after after monitoring him and making sure he was ok.

I know an adult now who had similar happen as a kid and no one told the parents. The kid had a bad bang on his head. He had a concussion but no one knew. For the next few years he suffered from an untreated concussion.

A fall or bang on the head can be serious. If a person cannot remember what happened they must be checked out asap.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:02 am
Call your pediatrician and see if you need to go to the ER for observation or if you just need to bring him to the doctor. But of course you take him to the doctor. He may also need to rest for the next few days.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:05 am
This happened to my daughter. We were upstate so my Dr said call hatzalah. Hatzala said it was fine if she didn't remember the immediate aftermath. But of course call your doctor and ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics