Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Egg Free Shabbos Desserts

JustWondering

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:21 am
I have a guest coming who's allergic to egg. Any recipes without obscure substitutions like egg replacer, flax etc. Looking for naturally egg free or with an easy sub like applesauce etc.

Cookies, cake. Something basic and yummy! Also preferable without margarine!!

Thank you!!

emzod42

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:28 am
One of my friends made vegan pumpkin brownies with brownie mix and a can of pumpkin. The texture was a little different but they tasted good. I don't know which recipe she used but this looks like it might be it: https://cookeatgo.com/2-ingred.....nies/

Elfrida

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:46 am
Baked apples or fruit salad are good standby options.

I like this egg free cake recipe.

1½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup cocoo powder
Salt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
5 Tbsp oil
1 cup orange juice or coffee
1 Tbsp white vinegar
Handful of chocolate chips (optional)

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix gently (by hand). Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into 8×8 inch pan, and bake 30 minutes at 350°. Also makes 12 muffins, but reduce baking time by about five minutes.
Double quantities for a 9×13 pan, and bake for about ten minutes longer.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:52 am
I love this recipe
https://betweencarpools.com/th.....cake/

teachkids

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:24 am
We love the cookie recipe from chocolatecoveredkate.com

cbg

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:30 am
Just google vegan cake and cookies recipe

These look yum
https://chocolatecoveredkatie......cipe/
But I never tried them

These look good too
https://chocolatecoveredkatie......bars/

teachkids

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 6:03 am
cbg wrote:
Just google vegan cake and cookies recipe

These look yum
https://chocolatecoveredkatie......cipe/
But I never tried them

These look good too
https://chocolatecoveredkatie......bars/

Yes, the chocolate Chip recipe is the one I was talking about! We no longer bake egg free, but we still make them because they're easy and good.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:30 am
This is a bit out of the box - vegan bread pudding which is a delicious comforting dessert. Usually there is dairy but this version is vegan (no dairy or eggs) plus the flavors are so autumnal. I love bread pudding and the leftovers are so delicious for breakfast warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds.

The pudding needs to stay in the refrigerator for awhile before baking so easy to make because you just pop it in the oven before dinner.

Chocolate-Pumpkin Bread Pudding

INGREDIENTS

Yield: 14 servings

1 cup coconut milk
1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin
½ cup brown sugar (can use maple syrup)
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
1½ teaspoons nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cloves
10 cups cubed day-old bread of your choice (about 10 to 12 slices of sandwich bread, depending on the thickness of slices)
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips (Guittard and Ghirardelli are among those that are nondairy)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 14 4-ounce ramekins (single-serving ceramic dishes) or a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.

In a blender, process coconut milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and spices until smooth. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with the pumpkin mixture and chocolate chips until each bread cube is coated.

If using ramekins: Evenly sprinkle about ½ teaspoon brown sugar into the bottom of each greased ramekin. Fill each ramekin to the top with the mixture and lightly press it down with the back of a spoon. If using a 9-by-13 baking dish: Fill the baking dish with the mixture and lightly press it down with the back of a spoon. Evenly sprinkle about 2 tablespoons brown sugar over the top of the bread pudding. The brown sugar will help the pudding to caramelize on the edges. (Steps 1 through 3 can be done up to three days in advance; store covered in the refrigerator.)

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is lightly browned. If using ramekins: Let the pudding cool a few minutes, then carve around the edges with a knife to loosen and unmold. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired and serve warm. If using a 9-by-13 baking dish: Let the pudding cool a few minutes before serving. Cut into portions, then garnish with powdered sugar if desired and serve warm. The pudding can be baked right before serving or earlier that day and then reheated for 8 to 10 more minutes right before serving.

rofa

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:04 am
https://betweencarpools.com/fr.....made/

coconut oil instead of margarine

abs

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:34 am
There is a recipe I got from here that is always a hit. I can't find the source, but here is my copy:
Chocolate Mousse

1 container Rich’s Whip
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. confectioner’s sugar
Whip together, save for topping

1 container Rich’s Whip
⅓ c. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
½ c. sugar
Whip together. Pour in graham cracker crust. Top with whip (above)

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:53 am
Apple crisp (or peach or pear or with cranberry-fresh or canned)

Cut fruit and put in a pan/Pyrex -you can layer in cinnamon &sugar, add raisins…. I like to add a little corn starch to give it a little body.

Mix quickly and coarsely-into crumbs, cold margarine or coconut oil, sugar, quick cook oats and a little flour. -should not be stick or smooth but should clump together and not be dry.

Dump the crumbs on the fruit.
Bake until the fruit sinks and is bubbly and the crumbs brown.

Sorry I don’t have any actual recipes or specific directions, as I bake by feel, but you get the idea.

If I had to guestimate:
9x13 Pyrex
8 large apples, 1/2 cup soaked craisins and 1T cornstarch

3/4 stick margarine or equivalent coconut oil
1cup sugar
1.5 quick oats
1/4 cup flour.

I really do by feel and never measure so I could be completely wrong with amounts. I have never measured the sugar or oats, I look at what looks good in the bowl so I have no idea what it translates to in cups. The amounts are really a guess.

JustWondering

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:04 pm
Great ideas! Thank you all!!

HakolTov

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:32 pm
Chocolatecoveredkatie has great recipes that are easy to make!

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:40 pm
apple or pear crisp

Another mom

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 10:48 pm
A non- cake idea, melt chocolate with a drop of oil (+coffee), mix in nuts, raisins etc. It works nicely with rice crispies. Put in v small cupcake holders.
Jello with fruit, topped with whipped cream.

Goldie613

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 11:14 pm
Love this one from the Taste of Shabbos cookbook. Never tried it with the frosting it mentions, and I couldn't find that online, sorry! If you decide you want it I'll try b"n to type it up from my copy tomorrow.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins