Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Taste of home

Tila

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 7:58 pm
am I the only kosher person who subscribes to this oh so non jewish but AMAZING foodie magazine??? I ALWAYS try at least 3 recipes from each issue. I am baking for our school's tea next week and will use four recipes all from TOH!

cookielady

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 8:04 pm
I love taste of home. I have gotten some of my best recipes there. Its not hard to substitute for non kosher items. I dont get the magazine now, just the once a year cookbook.

Tila

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:10 pm
I have become so good at subsituting ingrediants over the years!! I love the mag!! Cookie lady, why do you call yourself that?

mompete

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:37 pm
I subscribe and I love the magazine!

cookielady

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:52 pm
Tila, I have a friend who is not jewish and she couldnt say the ches in my name. Since I would always bake cookies she started calling me cookielady, We thought it was kinda cute, so I thought it was a great screen name.

I make the best cheesecake from Taste of Home, called family favorite cheesecake, If it interests either of you and you dont have that cookbook, let me know and I will post it.

sunshine!

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:50 pm
I actually love Taste of Home. I buy all the cooking mags out there and use them all, finding simple substitutions for recipes. In fact, the desserts that get the rave reviews around here for taste, presentation and originality are usually from Taste of Home or the like!

bella123

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 5:35 am
Cookie lady, it would be great if you could tell us the chees cake recipe - would love to try it for Shavuos! Thanks so much.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 6:19 am
Tila wrote:
am I the only kosher person who subscribes to this oh so non jewish but AMAZING foodie magazine??? I ALWAYS try at least 3 recipes from each issue. I am baking for our school's tea next week and will use four recipes all from TOH!

I subscribed for years and was one of the charter members back in the late 80s/early 90s (can't remember). It was a great mag.

Tila

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 4:02 pm
PLEASE!!! post the cheese cake or gives the link. I will go to toh and try family fave cheese cake!! I love the story behind your screen name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics