Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Mitzvah kinder or kindervelt
Previous  1  2

Mitzvah kinder or kindervelt
Mitzvah kinder  
 94%  [ 96 ]
Kindervelt  
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 102

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:03 pm
I've never heard of either of these, what are they? I'm so curious!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:45 pm
I like the Mitzvah Kinder mentchies better, but for mentchies Kindervelt is not too bad.

But once they put out the obviously ripped off books, I got disgusted by Kindervelt. There's a difference between "inspired by" and borderline copyright infringement. It may be mutar (I don't know), but it sure isn't yosher.

I did not throw out the Kindervelt mentchies I already have, but would not buy them again. Which is a pity, there's room in the market for variety, but if you can't use your own creativity and are just stealing ideas and trying to duplicate them for cheaper, I don't want a part in it.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 4:57 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
I've never heard of either of these, what are they? I'm so curious!

Mitzva/Jewish themed “menchies”

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 6:49 pm
I have a personal connection to mitzvah kinder so I would buy that. I actually did buy a package of mentchies but I’m disappointed because it’s not as cute as it used to be. The same yossele and tatty mentchie is now a little different probably has to do with china and it’s less cute.

I wouldn’t buy kindervelt because of the dishonesty. I have no idea what the quality is but they do look less cute

mandr

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 2:01 pm
There are some quality control issues with MK too, like our Shabbos set came with two Yankys and no Yossi and when I emailed them they said they're sure my kids will enjoy it regardless. Hmph. What's if your child's name is Yossi? And the talleisim from the original shul set never clothed the Tatties properly.

But I've gotten some KV stuff as gifts and the quality is not at all comparable. Yes they have cute sets like the baby room but the stuff is so flimsy and nowhere near as durable as MK.

And also I can't stomach the idea of buying a literal knockoff of a Jewish item.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics