Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Simple home studio/ recording?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:25 pm
Looking for something that my teens - who live to sing - can use to set up an amateur “ recording studio” - they want to record themselves singing to instrumental tracks or their own music ( they play piano and guitar)

How can I do this for them? Thx!

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 8:19 pm
If you have an apple computer apple has an app called GarageBand. You can record and mix it works amazingly well.
All you need to do is get a good mike and they can start.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 8:29 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
If you have an apple computer apple has an app called GarageBand. You can record and mix it works amazingly well.
All you need to do is get a good mike and they can start.

What do you mean when you say a mike? Can you send a link?

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 8:37 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Microph.....ss_tl

Of course there is better quality than this.

Window

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 10:52 pm
My cousins did this. Hung up blankets, lined the ceiling and walls with egg cartons. It’s pretty soundproof
Good luck, sounds like fun!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 11:00 pm
More professional software is protools. You may also need an Audio Interface that works with your DAW. I recommend getting a combo of these. Also, good headphones.

imokay

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 11:11 pm
Call sweetwater! Explain your needs and they will guide you and help you with everything you need.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:40 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Microph.....ss_tl

Of course there is better quality than this.

Do you have this? Does it record music clearly or is it just for voice?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for something that my teens - who live to sing - can use to set up an amateur “ recording studio” - they want to record themselves singing to instrumental tracks or their own music ( they play piano and guitar)

How can I do this for them? Thx!

Sweetwater is really helpful and will tell you everything that you need. I used in the past a DAW from them and I got all my equipment from them as well.
Good Luck!

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:36 pm
My son has a program called fruitloop and it’s compatible with a mic. Calling sweet water is the way to go. They are exceptionally helpful and will guide you.
Don’t just buy something from Amazon because it will just be a fun toy for a while. It’s better to get something that is better quality.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 1:38 am
We just made a recording studio on our home for YouTube which is our income. So we spent quite a lot but we are in Israel so unfortunately having things shipped here was quite expensive. A huge part of it is definitely being able to sound proof the room. We do have soundproofing things on the wall and the ceiling. I would say if you can't do everything at once by a really good mic and then slowly add things as time goes on. See how much they actually use it before you invest too much. But such a great hobby! And maybe it could even become something more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics