Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
What's pshat in this song??
Previous  1  2

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 12:55 am
Haha I sing it to my baby and substitute Noach’s name for my sons name. Calms him down whenever he’s upset, he loves it!

Not_in_my_town

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:04 am
I love the message of the song. I sing it with my kids, reminding them that even the people who tease them or act badly have a "chelek Elokai mimaal" within them. It just gets covered up by the struggles and pains of being human.

No Yid wants to be bad, deep down, but this is a confusing painful world in which people can't always think or behave clearly. Every Yid IS a big tzadik deep down, and even in many mitzvos they are a tzadik gamur.... even if they are rashoim in other mitzvos.

It doesn't mean we blinding trust, but it does mean that our mental baseline is that everyone has something pure inside them.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:07 am
Rabbi Yungreis made it up for his second grade class for Parshas Noach. I think it’s a cute song with a great message for little kids .

Simple1

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Just did tonight. That's what prompted this post!
And I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first time.

I always thought the best kids books are the ones adults enjoy reading too. Maybe it's the same for songs. I guess it's "kids at heart" at the weddings who are enjoying it. That said, everyone has different taste in music. There are many songs I don't like. Not sure how I feel about said song. Depends on my mood.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:36 am
https://mishpacha.com/beyond-w.....80%9D

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 8:29 am
effess wrote:
I do not know this song so I’m not addressing that. I will comment on the everyone is NOT a tzaddik comment.

When we read pirkei avos, there’s a passage we read before, quoted from another mishna, and says Kol Yisroel yesh lahem chelek l’olam habba shene’emar V’amech kulam tzaddikim. The passage is quoting a Pussuk, that our nation are all tzaddikim. It does not say, could be tzaddikim. So I wouldn’t question the song, but I would study that passage more in depth to gain a better understanding.

I was about to post this.
And the Torah says Noach was a bit tzaddik but it doesn't say from his keppele to his feeselach.
But it is a cute song.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 9:53 am
For some reason ‘juvenile’ type sounding songs have been catchy lately.
Off my head I can think of yingerlichs - davenen and Kiel melech nemen.
I don’t know why that is.

(Eta not to say that these songs aren’t nice, they just have a childish design)

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 9:59 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Haha I sing it to my baby and substitute Noach’s name for my sons name. Calms him down whenever he’s upset, he loves it!

Same!! LOL

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 10:36 am
You can say the same thing about "mommy daddy you will see, some day I'll grow up to be...a talmid chocham like Rabbi akivah etc"

Oh, no expectations there! When I see that song I sing "an ehrliche yid like Rabbi akivah"

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 11:17 am
My 2 year old loves the song.

The Nikelsberg Rebbe made it up for his class (I thought it was kindergarten) and I think of it as a normal preschool song. I'm not sure why it became so famous, but I have nothing against it.

I've heard that the Nickelsberg Rebbe has a lot of Ahavas Yisroel for Jews of all backgrounds. He welcomes everyone into his shul with love. I think that is wonderful, and apparently he really sees every Jew as a tzaddik. Since it's coming from someone who actually lives the lesson he is teaching, I think we can learn a lot from him. Perhaps we should all stop looking down on our fellow Jews.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 11:31 am
the world's best mom wrote:
My 2 year old loves the song.

The Nikelsberg Rebbe made it up for his class (I thought it was kindergarten) and I think of it as a normal preschool song. I'm not sure why it became so famous, but I have nothing against it.

I've heard that the Nickelsberg Rebbe has a lot of Ahavas Yisroel for Jews of all backgrounds. He welcomes everyone into his shul with love. I think that is wonderful, and apparently he really sees every Jew as a tzaddik. Since it's coming from someone who actually lives the lesson he is teaching, I think we can learn a lot from him. Perhaps we should all stop looking down on our fellow Jews.

This.
Someone else took his song, professionally recorded it with jumpy music & put it out to the public for free, which is why it became an instant hit.

BTW, The Nickelsberg Rebbe recently came up with a song about Lakewood that he sang to the Roshe yeshivos - I cant wait to hear full version!

pgk

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 12:51 pm
To set the record straight…rabbi jungreis teaches P1A in chaim Berlin (not kindergarten, or second)

ddmom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 1:04 pm
I think it's very cute when the chosson's friend sing it with chosson's name!!!
He just stood under the chuppa which is like yom kippur so he's really a "big tzaddik" that night! It definitely bring a smile to everyone standing around! Very Happy
(Same way we sing all kallos are "pretty" even if they're not cause in the eyes of their chosson they are!!!)

goodmorning

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 2:25 pm
seeker wrote:
Can't Believe It
Thanks for the earworm.

The every yid part is for sure a hasidic concept and you can go deep and beautiful about how there is a hidden tzaddik in every one and you can see the good etc etc. but yeah as a catchy song I see where this could go wrong. But the tone "from his keppeleh" makes it sound like it's talking to a little kid and telling the kid that he's a big tzaddik, which is sweet, and certainly at 3 years old everyone is, even the little budding sociopath doesn't have his own yetzer hara yet.

And of course it's from a parsha, that doesn't explain why it's one of the #1 songs playing in camps and parties all the time.

On the contrary, three year olds have a yetzer hara (which is put in us from the moment that we are born) but do not yet have a yetzer tov.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 2:28 pm
I felt something about this song too , though I do sing it to my toddler.

And the one "every girls a big tzadekkes" .
Just something niggling at me.

Nothing is wrong with it per se but it is a tiny bit interesting.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 10:20 pm
The first time I heard the song, I couldn't make out the second part, so I googled it. I promise you when I read the words, a wave of embarrassment swept over me for the composer. Like, you couldn't come up with more intelligent words?!

Anyway, I'm glad to read some context and backstory on this thread.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 1:01 am
All I know is that my teenage son and his friends snicker when they hear this song... Apparently the boys added an inappropriate part to it Can't Believe It

miriamfraa

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 1:57 am
It is supposed to be funny

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 2:21 am
I love when things are translated into English and then we suddenly have a problem. A few examples:

Baruch Hashem - Thank you Hashem
Es Tzemach Dovid Avdecha meheira satzmiach - We want Moshiach now
V'ameich kulam Tzaddikim- Every Yids a big Tzaddik
Ein od Milvado- Nothing exists aside from Hashem
Ki karov Ailecha... - it's easy to be a Jew
Melech chofetz bachayim- the King that wants you to live
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts