Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
School

shaina punim

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 4:50 pm
My 3 year old daughter started school 2 weeks a go and she does not like it.She wakes up early to tell me she is not going to school ,and when I take her she screams all the way to school.At school she also cries and keeps telling the teacher that her mommy is picking her up.I feel so bad leaving her,any ideas what I can do so she will like school ,and for me to feel better about sending her?
One teacher told me to put her on the bus and let her cry and the other teacher told me not to put her on the bus, I`m confused on what I should do and dont know whats best for my child.Help

stem

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 4:53 pm
Maybe you could be a teacher's aid and stay with her in the classroom for a few weeks till she gets used to it.

Motek

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 5:28 pm
It's important to find out why she is upset. Is it because of what is going at school OR because regardless as to what is going on there, she wants to be home.

no way do you send her off crying

you accompany her and check things out

shaina punim

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 6:03 pm
I cant stay in the class with her since its a BIG school. my daughter told me she doesnt want to be nice to her morah, I dont know if the teacher is telling her to be nice and thats way she is saying that. I did stay a few min with her yesterday but it didnt help it just made things worst.the teacher told me when I sent her on the bus she cried when she got to school for a few min then she stoped and played.Since I have been bringing her she has been crying more.I dont fill its right sending her on the bus.For now I am sending her in the afternoon untill she likes going and sees I pick her up.

stem

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 6:08 pm
Would you consider sending her to a smaller in-home play group?

MMEC123

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 7:17 pm
Did you ask the teacher if something is going on? Find the root of the problem. Maybe someone is picking on her. Maybe she feels the teacher is. When you know the root of the problem it's easier to solve.

avigayil

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 8:35 pm
Shaina,

IS there another program that is much small you can send her too. Okay, you have already paid and all but is it possible to send her to something that is smaller or less amount of time? Is keeping her home until January an option? She just might be overwhlemed by all of the kids.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 5:30 am
I agree with the others but also wanted to add... is this her first time at school? It might take her some time to get used to. My DD, it took her a month before she stopped being so overwhelmed when she first started school. even her second year she would cry for me to stay with her, and that stopped after awhile.

Pearl

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 6:33 am
my kids cried for a month straight when I would bring them to school (never sent them with a bus), but I was told by the teachers (and by other parents if they would drop off their children after I dropped off mine) that my children were playing happily...

if you feel the teachers are okay with the children, then maybe just give it some time...

shaina punim

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 8:20 pm
I woudl send her to a smaller school but cant,where I live there arent any. I did talk to the teacher to see whats going on in the class, whatever she said didnt seam out of the orderneary.she did tell me she doesnt like the lunches , this is not her first year in school but is the first time in a Big school.

Rivka

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 5:32 pm
Maybe you can send her with a packed lunch of stuff she likes and see if that helps. Maybe if you send your daughter just half a day at first and see how it goes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics